Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else given some thought to a new wheel? I like the look of the Transformer-ish logo on the horn but the wheel itself is crap. Too skinny, too plastic for my taste.

Im thinking about an aftermarket wheel with a quick release. I'm not certain what info I would need to order a new one.
Are steering wheel universal?

I saw this online and couldn't help but chuckle. Although I must admit I'm intrigued
Actually, I'm interested in a flat bottom wheel in either suede or maybe neoprene.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Anyone else given some thought to a new wheel? I like the look of the Transformer-ish logo on the horn but the wheel itself is crap. Too skinny, too plastic for my taste.

Im thinking about an aftermarket wheel with a quick release. I'm not certain what info I would need to order a new one.

I saw this online and couldn't help but chuckle. Although I must admit I'm intrigued
Actually, I'm interested in a flat bottom wheel in either suede or maybe neoprene.

I think this wheel would be awesome as long as you can get the horn/adapter kit for the column. Let us know if you go this route.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Researched that Bat Mobile looking wheel, it is $55.00, and is available at www.dashzracing.com. They have a large selection of steering wheels, and some are Red/Black for you Red Loving People. Enjoy, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year. For the people who are awaiting delivery of their Slingshots, IT IS WORTH THE WAIT, "THREE WHEELS FOREVER" Tom n Carol

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
I like the looks of that wheel, fits the SS perfectly.

Wondering if the "hole" makes it awkward when you need to give it a full turn.

Have you seen one in person?

Can't tell from the picture whether it's plasticky or not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the looks of that wheel, fits the SS perfectly.

Wondering if the "hole" makes it awkward when you need to give it a full turn.

Have you seen one in person?

Can't tell from the picture whether it's plasticky or not.
Not sure. Haven't seen one in person.

·
Registered
418 Posts

My wrench says do not wack on anything, the steering box is computerized, and wacking will cost you $1200

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like a standard Momo pattern, will check it out once we get our SL home...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts