Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Steering Wheel adapters?

9K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Chris Yelton 
#1 ·
I'm planning on replacing the boring, cheap looking steering wheel on my SL with one that's more fitting to the look and style of the vehicle. Has anyone changed his steering wheel yet? What hub adapter was required?

#24 ·
We just got our hub from NRG. They specialize in removable steering wheel adapters. We'll be test fitting that this week! If it fits, we also have the full lineup of aftermarket NRG steering wheels. :)
View attachment 3668
View attachment 3669
this past weekend I happened to talk with a performance shop, i was advised to stay with MOMO or NRG. don't buy that CHINA shit you see on EBAY for $40.

#6 ·
Great news and great product. Hope they make the low profile version or medium height so can put the cap lock for them. I have to put the seat position forward for me to have control of the pedals. In this position the steering wheel is close to my chest. Tip I can Asian driver style...and yes I'm Asian. Anyways, can't wait to see the final product. For sure on the top of my list to purchase.

#12 ·
The biggest issue would be if you bought the quick release kit, would the wheel actually FIT into the storage area? If not, are you going to remove the wheel and take it with you into whatever building you're at? I'm sure the restaurant coat check girl would love the tip you leave when you claim your steering wheel on the way out

#17 ·
The biggest issue would be if you bought the quick release kit, would the wheel actually FIT into the storage area? If not, are you going to remove the wheel and take it with you into whatever building you're at? I'm sure the restaurant coat check girl would love the tip you leave when you claim your steering wheel on the way out
Should fit even if you got one the same size as the current wheel. I plan on going a little smaller with a flat bottom so storing it shouldn't be a problem.

#19 ·
We just got our hub from NRG. They specialize in removable steering wheel adapters. We'll be test fitting that this week! If it fits, we also have the full lineup of aftermarket NRG steering wheels. :)
View attachment 3668
View attachment 3669
Any news on fitments on the NRG quick release? I know the low profile will not work with the locking cap as mentioned on their sight. So, we have to use the standard height. Can't wait to see final product and price.

#20 ·
#21 ·
I just looked on NRG sight looks like nice stuff. I just want a quick release thats easy to take wheel off with gloves. I am not worried about a locking wheel. I just want easy on and off. One question how is it trying to turn with a flat bottom wheel it looks hard to turn. Might just get a normal round for turning since this car does not have quick steering. I test drove a P-6 this summer and it had quick steering pretty cool, I could see a flat bottom on one of them.. I hope quick release will help me be able to get in and out of car, just had back surgery

#27 ·
Ok, we would like to help out the forum here. We have sold a hand full of Momo Steering Wheels with our Hub adapter and it works great. The only hiccup at this point is the loss of the horn button. We have a "work around" that can be used by supplying a coil cord (just like race cars use) thereby re-connecting to the factory horn wires under the dash. It's not a "quick release", it's a solid, billet hub. Right now, there's only 3 models of Momo wheels that will "bolt on" , Mod 80, Mod 80 Evo, and Mod 30.
http://www.motorsportsquared.com/slingshot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.