Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the steering rack a Polaris only unit or is it an OEM unit off of something else. Mine has 8900 miles and the right inner tie has some play in it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is the steering rack a Polaris only unit or is it an OEM unit off of something else. Mine has 8900 miles and the right inner tie has some play in it. Thanks for any help.
It's not the inner tie rod end. It's a loose bushing supporting the rack on that side. After three replacement racks (warranty), I bought a rack, took it apart and made a tighter bushing for the rack myself. The stock bushing (new) had clearance of .009 inch, and I made one with .0015 inch. Problem solved. All the early racks were like that. I think the newer ones have tighter tolerances.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Isn't that what Polaris says about the 18s? They supposedly made some changes in the steering, incorporating tighter tolerances.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not the inner tie rod end. It's a loose bushing supporting the rack on that side. After three replacement racks (warranty), I bought a rack, took it apart and made a tighter bushing for the rack myself. The stock bushing (new) had clearance of .009 inch, and I made one with .0015 inch. Problem solved. All the early racks were like that. I think the newer ones have tighter tolerances.
i need to find a place to make me some bushings i have a brand new one hanging in the garage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts