Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When pushing the starter button on 2019 GT it just clicks until about minutes later and then suddenly it starts? New Optimum batterry, under hood posts, and trickle charger just installed a couple months ago. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
When pushing the starter button on 2019 GT it just clicks until about minutes later and then suddenly it starts? New Optimum batterry, under hood posts, and trickle charger just installed a couple months ago. Any ideas?
Get to Dealer NOW...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Initially I would second EjFords suggestion, but if you are in the same situation as we are with the dealer being hours away, this is not really an initial option. Since this problem apparently originated with the alteration of the electrical system, start there by checking the charge state of the battery, maybe you got a bad one? If it is low, before replacing it again, do you get a spark when disconnecting/connecting battery terminals, indicating something is continually on causing a drain or possibly a short? Then I would be double checking all connections, especially grounds. Then I would go to the starter.........................................

But my bet would be a bad battery or a poor connection someplace.

Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
173 Posts
YES,YES,&YES. Man I feel your pain. I had the “EXACT” same issue the first of this month. It’s your starter. I had to replace two starters from O’Reillys which were not cheap ones. The second one cost over $400. So I tried one more from O’Reillys for $185 and it has been working fine now with every push. Here is something to try when it won’t start. Take a hammer and a short rod and tap on the starter while someone tries cranking it. Should start right up. This is how I found out it was my starter. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
YES,YES,&YES. Man I feel your pain. I had the “EXACT” same issue the first of this month. It’s your starter. I had to replace two starters from O’Reillys which were not cheap ones. The second one cost over $400. So I tried one more from O’Reillys for $185 and it has been working fine now with every push of the starter button. Here is something to try when it won’t start. Take a hammer and a short rod and tap on the starter while someone tries cranking it. Should start right up. This is how I found out it was my starter. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts