Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start talking about the differences between the two. I know the differences.
1.color grey vs red
2. Windshield no windshield 500$
3. Wheels bigger for 1900$
4. Infotainment center kit $2200 back up camera LCD speakers

1. I want black so I will get mine painted
2. Yes windshield a must (since I want all black I might think about getting this tinted?)
3. I posted in the wheel section about wanting wider tiers. Back 360mm
4. Camera? Fancy yes cool ok maybe. Wonder if it is hard to see when your backing this up? I would imagine the speakers are water proff. Radio? CD player?
I wonder if you would be better putting your own system in!?!?

What are your guys taughts?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Backing does take a little bit of getting used to. The rear is teardrop shaped and it can be a little weird the first couple of times because you don't know what is straight. The backup camera is a nice feature as it lays out a grid to show you if you are straight or not and also how far back you can go. You don't see the rear wheel and it feels like it should be further back than it is. You have the shark fin that makes it a little harder to see but it isn't bad, with a little practice you would get the hang of it quickly I would think.

Infotainment center has Radio, USB line in, weather radio, bluetooth connectivity, and I can't remember what else. No CD Player. The only thing about putting your own system in I would think is where are you going to mount your speakers? The kit offered by Polaris attaches to the frame and is molded to fit in the leg room. Definitely possible to do yourself, but probably not a lot of fun at the same time.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
YOU WILL END UP PAYING OVER A 1000 MORE TO DO THAT,THAN JUST GETTING THE SL, HECK YOU CAN PAINT IT FOR LESS THAN THAT, AND STILLHAVE THE 'SL' MODEL FOR RESALE WHEN THE TIME COMES.
No need to yell Paul. ;)

Some folks don't want the red everything. You will have to change out the seats unless it will match whatever you paint/wrap it in. This could be swapped with someone who has a grey but that will cost to ship/time/etc.

Plus it is red on the inside so you will see red all the time so the inside will have to be painted as well. Might be worth $1000 to just have it done. Cheaper than a new paint job.

Some dealers are getting limited SL and standards so some people will have to take what they get or wait another 5-6 months.

I got the grey because I didn't want the infotainment and because I have lots of plans for color. I am getting the wheels because they are lightweight though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I ordered the base it came to 23,300 or there abouts, so even If I added the windshield it would be only 100 over or something

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Oh, and lets not kid ourselves, an SL is not going to bring any "premium" during resale just like a Ford Focus SE won't bring a premium over a Focus S. The SL just has options packaged in but a Standard can have the same options. If it had more power, upgraded suspension, launch control, etc. then we would be talking about a premium. Hmmm... do I smell an SL-R?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I want to start talking about the differences between the two. I know the differences.
1.color grey vs red

2. Yes windshield a must (since I want all black I might think about getting this tinted?)
4. Camera? Fancy yes cool ok maybe. Wonder if it is hard to see when your backing this up? I would imagine the speakers are water proff. Radio? CD player?

The only real difference is: the SL is red and, more importantly, has red seats. If you plan to change the color, the seats will have to be taken into account.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ah the seats forgot about those but just like the rzr there will be plenty available
After a while maybe but not as soon as you would probably want them.

I don't see any of the first year units going for less than MSRP but the accessories? I'm willing to bet dealers would make some deals on cheaper accessories.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know the seats are waterproof, and they fold up so you can get into the back storage.

Do you think their seats they made are heavy? If I don't want the red seat, what about a black racing car seat that weights less than five pounds? By the way I plan on this being my moding project for me. I feel as if it is on the heavier side!?!? No yes?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I know the seats are waterproof, and they fold up so you can get into the back storage.

Do you think their seats they made are heavy? If I don't want the red seat, what about a black racing car seat that weights less than five pounds? By the way I plan on this being my moding project for me. I feel as if it is on the heavier side!?!? No yes?
I would imaging the seats will be much heavier than any "racing" seat you buy but only time will tell when we get one out of the thing. I have been shopping around for seats as well just in case. :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
YOU WILL END UP PAYING OVER A 1000 MORE TO DO THAT,THAN JUST GETTING THE SL, HECK YOU CAN PAINT IT FOR LESS THAN THAT, AND STILLHAVE THE 'SL' MODEL FOR RESALE WHEN THE TIME COMES.
Done jumped , guess I could back up but it will be just the way I want it as soon as I get it . But you are right I just took it for a grand at least . I just hope they don't flop and end up with something no one want , then I could loose big bucks .

·
Registered
642 Posts
After a while maybe but not as soon as you would probably want them.

I don't see any of the first year units going for less than MSRP but the accessories? I'm willing to bet dealers would make some deals on cheaper accessories.
My dealer is offering 10% off accessories, including everything that comes with the SL package.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the SL for mostly the larger wheels and the backup camera. It looks to possibly have a pretty large backing up blind spot and having a very active 4 year old daughter running around it was a pretty simple decision..

·
Registered
210 Posts
1.color grey vs red

I got the gray w/full windshield. Could not see paying big bucks for radio and back up camera. I will put a marine radio in (already picked out 4x6 with Bluetooth and usb port) and marine tower speakers. If you notice the factory system has the speakers mounted on panels and they fasten to the inside...wonder how loosing couple of inches on each side of legs will be???

·
Registered
210 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts