Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me apologize as I am not a good forum person, haven't a clue really! :) Tried to find my initial post on the issue we were having with these pods, and of course could not, but wanted to let y'all know some good info that I uncovered in my process of trying to get these blasted pods to fit.

While Slingmods says on the page that they fit all models....they really do NOT! After several phone calls, emails, sending pictures back and forth with SSVWorks, we figured out the issue. These pods fit on the basic model in 2018 but not the higher priced ones. Why? There is a new package called the "infotainment" package that is on the 2018, and part of that package is an upgraded external part. Checked in our showroom, and 3 of the 4 slings in showroom had this package, which means 3 out of 4 would have issues with the SSVWorks pods. To get the pods to fit the way they should, flush with the rail, you would have to remove the trim piece w insulation (which you paid extra for) and go back to the older "open" look which lets you see into the back of the speaker pod.

Hopefully this info will help y'all make an informed decision if you are considering updating your stock speakers. And hopefully SSVWorks will design a pod that will fit in the newer slings without having to compromise the newer, nicer features of the infotainment package.

Thanks and have a great day.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That would be great to know. I just installed the SSV Pods in a 2019 Base (no infotainment) but they didn't fit flush either. Still about a 1/2 to 3/4" gap between the top of the pod and the cage. I could get it to push in flush but as soon as I tightened all the bolts it went back out.

If you've got pics of that new external "trim piece w insulation", that would be nice.

One thing I did note is that the SSV pods have a recess for a frame support tube that is no longer there in the 2019 so that is space that SSV could use to put in a different (bigger) speaker.

·
Vendor
1 Posts
Hi guys,

The cover panels your talking about are the 'speaker cover panels' designed to cover the stock style pods. Theyre included in newer Slingshots with speakers. When using the SSV Works pods just remove the stock pods and that speaker cover panels. Polaris has packaged these things a number of different ways but now those cover panels are also in the Infotainment package to cover the backs of the factory $830 pods...

Regarding the mounting gap. We've received a few calls about this over the years and it sounds like the rear bracket is on the inside of the cage mount when it should be towards the outside. It slips over that bracket. There is also a bit of adjustment where the bracket mounts to the pod as we've found a lot of variance between cars in this area. There is a small engineered gap around the edge but it's consistent and a lot smaller then your seeing. Try sliding our bracket foot over the cage mount tab.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to call our tech support guys or goto www.SSVworks.com and click on the 'P' in the lower right corner to txt them as well. They'll get you taken care of.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E0168E5E-A3B2-492E-AF60-EC2E79ED26BD.png
747BA09D-66F6-4B89-A7BE-21BA712ECE0C.jpeg

If you've got pics of that new external "trim piece w insulation", that would be nice.

Chavey, I will try to post a pic.....and it sounds like you have te bracket in front and not in back. Hubby says it is not obvious to put it in back but if u call ssvworks they will send u pic to show how it goes.

Here is pic (i hope) :)
The orange is ours....you can see the finished look.....gray pic was sent to me by ssvworks showing pid installed in 2019. You can see into back of pod....on ours you cant. That is the piece that was added.
You cant see the insulation...it is on inside. Hubby said it was a small rectangle....think he said closed cell foam but not sure, both pics are taken from approx same angle, hope this helps.
The gap doesnt look too bad in pic, but it is about 3/4”

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'll work on mine when I get it back from the dealer to see if I can get it to fit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts