Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New SSV Works fiberglass drive belt cover.

Upgrade your Slingshot's exterior look with SSV Works' custom made Drive Belt Covers. Constructed from 100% marine grade fiberglass for extended durability. These are available in red or black and can be custom painted to match your color Slingshot's scheme.

For more information on all SSV Works Slingshot products, please visit:
http://www.ssvworks.com/ecom/images/product/200.2228.600x400.SS-DBC-B-install.jpg

·
Registered
688 Posts
Happy Happy Joy Joy!! Ordered my red one two minutes ago!! Fell in love with this one as soon as soon as I saw it, and the price won't break my piggy bank either!!!

Reactions: kenny_h

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
They look really nice, I would suggest some alternative styles so there is more choice to make yours unique.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are currently in R&D as we speak. Would you guys be interested in a fender for stock wheels or aftermarket? If aftermarket which wheel sizes?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Do you have pictures of the underside of the belt guard? I am curious what the mesh is maid of and if it gets dirty how easy is it to clean and is it durable?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
here are a couple pics of mine that just came in. You can see the paint on the mesh so it's obvious it's painted after install of the mesh and a scratch on the top of it. I have contacted SSV as I'm sure they will make it right. you can see the back of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here are a couple pics of mine that just came in. You can see the paint on the mesh so it's obvious it's painted after install of the mesh and a scratch on the top of it. I have contacted SSV as I'm sure they will make it right. you can see the back of mine

Thank you for calling in and talking to our Customer Service department regarding your SSV Works belt cover. I just checked with shipping and your replacement cover is on its way to you today as well as a UPS tag to return damaged cover. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'm glad we could get you take care of the same day you called.

For your inconvenience, we also dropped a new SSV Works Slingshot T shirt in the box for you. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Happy Happy Joy Joy!! Just got my red cover today! The wife loved it the minute she laid eyes on it. She said it will look sexy on our SS!! Guess who's gettin lucky tonight???......and No, it's not the SS!!!
My mesh screen also had red paint on it, so it does get painted after the mesh is glue on. I simply dug out a bottle of my Testors silver model paint, a small brush, and covered the red paint on the mesh. Couldn't tell the mesh had got paint on it, and the cover looked even more awesome!!! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'll be spending some quality time with it tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it looks mounted on the SS!!!

Reactions: Wolf

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for calling in and talking to our Customer Service department regarding your SSV Works belt cover. I just checked with shipping and your replacement cover is on its way to you today as well as a UPS tag to return damaged cover. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'm glad we could get you take care of the same day you called.

For your inconvenience, we also dropped a new SSV Works Slingshot T shirt in the box for you. :)
I knew that you all would take care of it. No worries and I appreciate the T shirt! 5 stars!!

·
Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
756 Posts
Received mine with quite a bit of red overspray on it also........Decided to just take my time and carefully tape it off...... sprayed my screen black..........Happy with the outcome.......Nice product..... Although be sure and tape the bottom rear shock mounting bolt off with masking tape to reduce the chance of scratching the belt guard cover during install...........:)

belt gaurd.jpg bg1.jpg bg2.jpg bg3.jpg

Reactions: mickeymeanie

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just finished installing my guard as well. I agree with @Rob, (Tape over the lower shock nut)....it would be real easy for the lower shock nut to scratch the crap out of the guard while fitting the guard to the swing arm. Otherwise, it was a simple install. Love the looks of this guard, plus I can take my time and paint the original guard, and put it away for a spare.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts