Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full SSV works in my 2016 base. It has kick panel and head rest speakers with SSV amp and ntb3 controller. It is all the black plug and play plugs. Looking to install an aftermarket head unit. Can I cut the leads from these speakers and splice into my new head unit. The speakers have a black plug with a red and white wire coming out. Just wanting to see if I can splice into head unit or do I have to replace the speakers.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
you should be able to either cut the SSV speaker connectors off and wire them to the new speaker cables or try to find the corresponding connectors and wire the new connectors to the new cables so you can just plug the new cables into the existing connectors. Try contacting SSV Works for the connector specifics. Just remember to maintain the correct polarity when wiring the connections, typically black or red for negative and white or stripe for positive. If your new wires have silver and copper colored wires, copper should be used for negative. Just make sure you use the same wiring conventions for all speakers and everything should be fine. If you wire a speaker backwards the pair of speakers will sound muddled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts