Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the vertical rib located in the center of the back of the SS has a third brake light\strip integrated in it? From some of the pictures I've seen on the web, it appears to be?

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Looking ate some of the videos, it looks like the tail fin light is white LEDs that come on with the brake lights. Thought they would be red too, but appear to be white. Not sure if they are on at night with the running lights?

Anyone know if they (Fin light and tail lights) are on all the time with the head lights or if there is a day/night sensor to turn them on and off or what?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was wondering the same thing and posted a couple times about it. From what I saw in pics and vids, it's not a running light, but I could well be wrong.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

Put this video in 1080p and watch starting at 7:35....

Looks red to me and doesn't look like a running light; only looks like a brake light.

Look at 2:16 on the below video. All the lights are on and no running light in the fin.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Definitely only a brake light.

Source: my eyes. o_O

·
Registered
532 Posts
On the tail lights they also have lights that shine out to the side. A Polaris rep showed this feature to me on a demo model.
Rep said this was built into the SS as a extra safety feature so vehicles on the side of you will be able to see you better.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
On the tail lights they also have lights that shine out to the side. A Polaris rep showed this feature to me on a demo model.
Rep said this was built into the SS as a extra safety feature so vehicles on the side of you will be able to see you better.
Yeah, the whole light array wraps around to the sides of the vehicles. Very nice feature!

Reactions: LowDid

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah I was surprised at this feature. The lights actually point straight out to the side.
Way to go Polaris, my hats off to you.
Can't wait to learn everything about the SS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts