Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since day 1, we have heard an audible squeak coming from front end.. we have raised the hood and pushed and checked and rechecked for possible causes. Thought we had fixed it, only to hear it again.. at hwy speeds, it isn't heard of course..it is on back roads with potholes, dirt roads, or parking lots, the squeaking sounds like the beautiful SS is held together with a hope and a wish... At best, extremely annoying. Still searching possible causes, we identified that it was not engine, nor hood pads, but if we pressed on the hood beside the SS emblem, we could recreate the squeaking scratching noise. Tonight, we tracked the squeak down, and it is fixed.

This is the spot that squeaked when hood flexed
IMAG0933.jpg

With the hood raised, looking up at the emblem from underneath SS.. see the two scratches in metal plate. Not visible standing up looking in from topside.
IMAG0932.jpg

Traced those two marks to the two inside screws in the headlight housing
IMAG0931.jpg

(you can see our earlier attempts to quiet the squeak with the soft sided velcro)
Ground off just enough of the end of the screws using a dremmel. Closed hood, pressed to check for squeaks and problem solved...

·
Info is where you find me.
336 Posts
Rattle! Sounded like coilover springs banging shock body at right front. Nope.

Horn bracket bent back toward middle light frame, maybe 2 thousands of an inch from making contact. Slightest bumps would raise a racket. Pulled horn mount away from light bracket.

Fixed!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mine have same rattle ,and it was the center bolt under the hood than scrape the valvle cover.
need to set the hight of hood.
Been keeping an eye on that area... we have a little scuff mark, but nothing worth bothering with. If it ain't broke, dont fix it!
@Flybuddy :cool:Nice suggestion for radio... if radio worked.:confused: Usually bluetooth Pandora... but Im not sure I'd call that a "fix" :facepalm:
One thing I'm certain of... :snaphappy:eek:_O:happy:
images (16).jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts