Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently the owner of a 2009 Can-Am Spyder GS that I am selling to buy a Slingshot .The trouble is I very much doubt that the safety Nazis that run Ontario will ever allow its sale here .Safety regs have gotten so ridiculous here that innovation has become a dirty word .I think the only way I will be able to own a Slingshot will be to have a winter place in the states and buy one down there or move to Quebec .I am 60 yrs old , I own a 2012 Honda Shadow Aero , modified 86 Pontiac Fiero GT (with a turbo 2.2 ecotec etc) 1991 civic wagon ,2003 Element , a Seadoo and an 18' Grew bowrider with a 140HP 4 stroke Suzuki outboard .I find it funny that Polaris holds a patent on this vehicle .Judge must have been stoned or something .The first car ever built only had 3 wheels and the Morgan 3 wheeler was first built what ? 80 years ago ? Just a guess .I hope Polaris sells a ton of Slingshots and someday I can have one in my garage here in Ontario .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told by dealer in sk, that they are now approved in Canada, all provinces
I have added my name to the Polaris mailing list , hopefully I will get confirmation soon .My understanding is that it is a province by province thing and not directly tied to a federal gov't ruling .But hopefully it will all work . No one seems to own one yet anyway .

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hello fellow Canadian, I sincerely hope that Polaris would be able to bring the SS in to Ontario.
As I recall for many years T-Rex tryed to get into Ontario with no success..... I used to work with the company that did the replica of the T Rex which was called G2 and sold it as a kit, that was the only way the T Rex (replica) was able to get into Ontario because it was considered as a Homebuilt. I quit working for G2 many years ago.
It would be my pleasure to come down to Ontario in your area and let you drive my SS for a test drive just in case they will not allow you to register it in Ontario; at least that way you will have some of the pleasure until Polaris will figure things out.

Mike Montreal Quebec

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats Ontario for you , home of the frightened .It is a wonder they haven't banned motorcycles here .I live on the shore of Lake Huron , quite a drive from Montreal but would love to see a Slingshot in person .

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thats Ontario for you , home of the frightened .It is a wonder they haven't banned motorcycles here .I live on the shore of Lake Huron , quite a drive from Montreal but would love to see a Slingshot in person .
It would be for good cause Friend and a beautiful trip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts