Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Went to courthouse to get my pistol permit renewed tody. I am friends with one of the judges there. I asked him about the alabama helmet law and the section about enclosed cabin. After looking at the pictures and taking to him he said he would have NO problem writing a letter for me to keep in the slingshot that stated his interpretation of that enclosed cabin was exactly what the slingshot was. And he had NO problem speaking to anyone that questioned it. (His fancy wording eluded me at the time) but you get my point. its not a guarantee of anything but I have a feeling that his document on his official letterhead will prevail in a traffic stop.
So I live in Kansas that does not require a helmet. I am still thinking I'll wear one because its so low and open. Is it your opinion it's safe enough without? Just curious

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. Its not when riding it like I typically will. But yes, its just as safe as a most tiny convertible cars are. If im on the interstate or open highway I wont be wearing it. Just eye protection

Reactions: 1173

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
If it is licensed and insured as a motorcycle, then motorcycle laws will apply.
Judges dont make laws and can only make rule in their courtroom. The letter may save your butt in some situations, but some Leo may not agree. If you get that Judge you got it made.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is licensed and insured as a motorcycle, then motorcycle laws will apply.
Judges dont make laws and can only make rule in their courtroom. The letter may save your butt in some situations, but some Leo may not agree. If you get that Judge you got it made.
Alabama has a exemption for emclosed cabin. So its legal

·
Registered
532 Posts
I need to research DMV laws here in California more. If things work out on my SS. It'll have a automobile windshield and convertible top.
Want better protection from rain and hot sunny days.
Congratulations Rabtech.
Good luck.
How hard is it to get a permit in your state. I would guess it's a CC.
Dam near impossible to get one in this State. At least the NRA is beating the State in court. Quit the ordeal getting it though. Going through the steps here then there's a back log of 1-2 years to get a yes/no.:mad:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And on top of that. It takes someone to stand up for their rights. I dont give a care what everyone else wants to do. Im leading my own expedition.

Reactions: FloridaJoe

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its easy to get CC permit. Just go to courthouse and walk in sheriff's office and pay 15.00$ and they take your picture and print a plastic license

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
One of the good things Indiana does is allow law-abiding citizens to obtain lifetime cc permits. I got mine a few years ago and Carry all the time.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the good things Indiana does is allow law-abiding citizens to obtain lifetime cc permits. I got mine a few years ago and Carry all the time.
We pay 15.00 for 5 years in our county. Its a strange deal because it supposed to be 75.00. Our sherrif just come up with that on his last run for office.

Reactions: Painter

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Lifetime in Indiana is $105. Definitely worth it because there's no deadline to worry about.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I also shoud mention that my best friends are lawyers and judges. Its like a old bar joke when introduce them to others when we are out somewhere. I also do contract work for the Alabama Medical Association. Its drs and lawyers and judges oh my!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
funny isn't it..... I can legally carry a gun but can't legally drive a slingshot in the state!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
funny isn't it..... I can legally carry a gun but can't legally drive a slingshot in the state!
No. Its not funny. Its damn sad.. sorry man. Maybe they will get that fixed

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dam that'd be sweet. CC is only good for 2 years here. In my home State I carried all the time non CC.
In Montana it's no problem at all.
You could carry it anyway you want. Hell everyone I new had a rifle in the gun rack in the back window of there truck. I never locked my truck either.
Not that way anymore it'd get stolen in minutes.
Looking for new CC carry. Proven platform. You can PM me your picks or post it. Some won't post is kind of info.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
On the bike I carry the Kel Tec 380 because it's so small and like I don't even know it's there. Regular Carry is the Smith & Wesson 3913. I like it because it's a compact 9 mm and very light.

I use the Fobus paddle holster for the 380 and the Fobus rotating paddle holster for the 9 mm. I don't like the inside the pants holster's or a belt holster as the paddle can go from shelf to person in about three seconds.

Indiana's lifetime permit allows me to carry concealed or open.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like my Rugers. I have shot or owned 1 of nearly every brand and model. I still like Rugers

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I posted it earlier. But if im around and out of my everyday element. This baby is close.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts