Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like tomorrow is going to be a good day! After pre ordering my Slingshot SL from another dealer here in town and not having any indication of possible delivery date I started to get curious of other dealers in my area. I called Spokane Powersports and asked about the Slingshot, Salesman Gary says “yeah we have one ready to sell” and after I asked him at least 10 times “are you sure? I mean the Polaris Slingshot….” He assured me he was looking at it and could sell it today. I rushed up there to see for myself. I called the bank and started the process and with my luck the main lady ended up being busy all day. I waited around the dealer and talked to Gary and the Owner Scott. This place is amazing is all I can say, I will never spend money anywhere else and that’s not just because they had the Slingshot in stock. They let me test drive one (something the other dealer refused to do) and at 5PM when my bank called to say that it would be ready by 9AM tomorrow Scott the owner said “well lets go to the gas station and I will buy you the first tank of fuel so its ready in the morning”. This was awesome for me because I had been waiting ALL DAY and now I had to wait one more night. Not many dealers around like this place. The owner Scott and I talked for at least an hour about things, He is actually a member here which earned him some extra points (68andIoweyou1 or something like that). He was aware of all of the little things and said that his Tech's had double checked everything. Having a dealer who reads these forums is a cool thing since he will know more than just waiting for Polaris to say something. Anyway I should have the Slingshot tomorrow! I will be going here for all of my future purchases.

Thanks again Scott and Gary!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well looks like tomorrow is going to be a good day! After pre ordering my Slingshot SL from another dealer here in town and not having any indication of possible delivery date I started to get curious of other dealers in my area. I called Spokane Powersports and asked about the Slingshot, Salesman Gary says “yeah we have one ready to sell” and after I asked him at least 10 times “are you sure? I mean the Polaris Slingshot….” He assured me he was looking at it and could sell it today. I rushed up there to see for myself. I called the bank and started the process and with my luck the main lady ended up being busy all day. I waited around the dealer and talked to Gary and the Owner Scott. This place is amazing is all I can say, I will never spend money anywhere else and that’s not just because they had the Slingshot in stock. They let me test drive one (something the other dealer refused to do) and at 5PM when my bank called to say that it would be ready by 9AM tomorrow Scott the owner said “well lets go to the gas station and I will buy you the first tank of fuel so its ready in the morning”. This was awesome for me because I had been waiting ALL DAY and now I had to wait one more night. Not many dealers around like this place. The owner Scott and I talked for at least an hour about things, He is actually a member here which earned him some extra points (68andIoweyou1 or something like that). He was aware of all of the little things and said that his Tech's had double checked everything. Having a dealer who reads these forums is a cool thing since he will know more than just waiting for Polaris to say something. Anyway I should have the Slingshot tomorrow! I will be going here for all of my future purchases.

Thank you CODEMAN for buying from us. It's really nice to have a customer who is just as excited about getting a bike as we are- and willing to go have fun in the rain!!
Now we just need some sun!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Codeman-

Although I bought my S L from another local dealer ( dealt with Gleen and scott @Liberty Lk Allsport), I have had the pleasure of meeting both Gary and Scott at Powersports, First via phone in Aug when I was frantically trying to grab the #1 spot on first delivery , then ultimately in person last week. Great Guys! That being said, I must also pass along my appreciation for both Allsport and power sports! Both great outfits with a great bunch of guys! I have been throughly impressed by all whom I've had the pleasure to meet with at both outfits!
although today was shit weather, tomorrow looks promising. I've already agreed to give my son a ride to school in the morning…. again.
Get ahold of me if you want to get together for a cruz tomorrow. looks like the weather should be fair. Have had mine about 3 weeks, and I'm just breaking the 500 Mi break in point, so try and keep up! Zoom Zoom :)LOL! BTW, Warning,; can very easily become an obsession! and oh boy, for good reason!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wish my dealer was as willing to communicate and help as yours was. I call mine at least once a day and they act like its a bother. I had to find out they had the SL's from someone else in town. Although I ordered the SS I would have thought they would have called to say come check these out. Sounds like you found a winning dealership!! Wish I was as lucky

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Got an email from a local Houston dealer claiming they had two Slingshots. Drove over there and saw the display, but I didn't see any Slingshots.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the chance to drive it last night and put about 100 miles on it. All I can say is I WOW to start with people stop traffic to see this thing. I have been followed for blocks by people wanting me to pull over. I get it home for the first time and 5 minutes go by and I get a knock at my door. Some lady and her son wanted to take pictures of it lol. The ride is incredible it handles great even though Im not pushing it during breakin. This is hands down the most fun I have ever had! I got a call from Spokane Powersports and they told me that just got another one so if anyone is close to Spokane WA you can get it today.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats. I wish my order was not so complicated (loaded charcoal), because I am starting to think Polaris is not honoring the "wait list of deposits" but just sending trucks out at random. "Red, Black, Red, Black, okay its full send it out" method.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts