Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called Polaris headquarters in Spirit Lake Iowa to find out about Slingshot tours and get the low down.

For those that might not know, Spirit Lake, Iowa is the manufacturing location for the Indian motorcycle and Slingshot. The tour is of the entire facility which includes both product lines.

You'll need to call one week in advance and schedule it, no required minimum. The tours happen every month during select weeks only on a Monday or Friday morning.

The available weeks change due to production sequencing. If you know a month that works out for you just call and find out the weeks available for that month and you're all set!

- No open toe shoes or flip flops allowed, tennis shoes are ok.
- Absolutely no photography and cell phones must be turned off.
- Safety glasses will be provided
- Tour takes about 1 hour to complete, show up at least 20 mins prior to your start time.

Polaris, Spirit Lake, IA (712)336-3797 to schedule a tour press #4 on your dial pad.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I am really curious about the LE5 engines.

Can you dig to see how many are left and what will happen when they are out? When they do run out, I would be curious to see what they think would be a good replacement.

Have fun and feel free to not listen to the no pictures or video speech. ;):snaphappy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
What's their current production rate and production capacity? If not at full capacity now, do they have plans to ramp up to it, and if so, by when? Is their supply chain set up to handle the full rate production, current rate and future rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I am really curious about the LE5 engines.

Can you dig to see how many are left and what will happen when they are out? When they do run out, I would be curious to see what they think would be a good replacement.

Have fun and feel free to not listen to the no pictures or video speech. ;):snaphappy:

It will be either the 2.0 or the new 2.5 ecotec. Both engines are being tested right now in the SS

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
1. How does the production line works when it comes between Canada and US product? Since on the Canadian side there is only two provinces so far that are allowed to have the SS and the demand is not as high as the US.

2. Since the amount of presold are very high: The cost of fuel is extremely expensive including the delivery.
A. Would Polaris send all the presell at the same time, to save expenses?
B. Or would they send a couple at a time or more, so the ones that are presold for 2015 will be in 2015?

3. A. Why is the delivery date so secret?
B. Is it because they are missing parts for the machine and they don't know when it will be there?
C. Or just because that they would like to deliver to all the dealers at approximately the same time?

4. can they show you mine? If they do, can you tell her that I'm 5'11 good looking, looking for fun, I drive hard any day of the week, i'll be willing to upgrade her, my friend Kip sent me romantic blue lights for her, and I will cover her to keep her warm in the Cold days of wintertime, tell her that she's very well-financed and I have good interest for her.

Thank you
PS can you ask them to make the fine print bigger?

·
Registered
426 Posts
GM said the 2.5-liter four-banger "is expected" to generate an estimated output of 190-horsepower (140kW) and 180 lb-ft (250Nm) of peak torque, or about 12 per cent more horsepower and 16 percent more torque than the outgoing 2.4L unit does.
The company said it expects the 2013 Malibu with the 2.5-liter powerplant to return an estimated highway fuel economy in excess of 30mpg (7.8lt/100km). The current 2012 Malibu with the 169HP 2.4L Ecotec is rated at 33mpg highway.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts