Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
wonder if that is city? And how they calculated the mileage? Wonder if it is based on less than full tank size.

I would be very surprised if this was less than 30 mpg highway. Very surprised.

·
Registered
36 Posts
26mpg sounds pretty good for a 2.4L engine to me...
motorcycles weigh a lot less and have smaller higher revving engines...

·
Registered
2 Posts
One thing to keep in mind. When manufacturers state fuel range they are not running the tank empty to get that. There will probably be a couple gallons left so I would say middle of the road average will be 32mpg leaving about 2 gallons left to get to the next fuel stop. Then probably 10-15% more all highway so 35-37mpg all hwy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Besides the fuel economy anyone have a guess why it would require 91 octane fuel? I'm thinking at 173 hp from 2.4L that's probably overkill, I seriously doubt the engine is tuned aggressively enough to need premium.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
That's my point, why 91+? Seems to me at that power level they could get away with 87...
It will probably be "recommended" as it was in the Solstice/Sky. I am guessing you will lose some power with 87 as the engine retards it's timing but I would think it would run fine. Probably a look into a Solstice forum is in order...

·
Registered
45 Posts
It will probably be "recommended" as it was in the Solstice/Sky. I am guessing you will lose some power with 87 as the engine retards it's timing but I would think it would run fine. Probably a look into a Solstice forum is in order...
Didn't think about checking the stats on the Solstice/Sky - But according to Edmunds.com those cars only need regular unleaded. It's really not a make or break thing of course, I was just curious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts