Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll bet there isn't a spare tire on the SS. I'll probably keep a plug kit and a can of fix-a-flat in one of the storage spaces. What about jacking locations? How do you put the SS on a lift? High performance run-flat tire options? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'll bet there isn't a spare tire on the SS. I'll probably keep a plug kit and a can of fix-a-flat in one of the storage spaces. What about jacking locations? How do you put the SS on a lift? High performance run-flat tire options? Inquiring minds want to know.
Run-flat are heavy!...The best option is the plug kit in the storage when you travel for long ride...
For me it will be that!

For jacking, in the manual i am sure they let us know where is it!
But when you consider that usually in the manual it is only to change a tire ... maybe they finally let us not show !! lol

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Since the Slingshot has two different tire sizes, carrying two spares would probably not be practical.
Be careful about using fix-a-flat-type products as the stuff used to inflate/seal the tire can be explosive or a fire hazard. Some garages don't like to or won't repair a tire when a product like this has been used. A plug seal and a source of compressed air can get you going again. Given the size of the Slingshot tires, a small portable compressor would be a good idea as it would probably take several CO2 cartridges to get enough pressure in the large tires. Check your local auto parts store or motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
In reference to AAA, I recommend upgrading. AAA offers both Plus and Premiere upgraded memberships. Plus includes free towing up to 100 miles compared to the standard 7 mile free tow and the Premiere offers one free tow up to 200 miles, although both Plus and Premiere memberships specify 100 miles for motorcycles. AAA also offers other member benefits - see your local AAA website.
I also recommend membership in the American Motorcyclist Association (http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/) which includes free towing and is cheaper than AAA. All cars, motorcycles, RVs and trailers in the member's household are covered, but the member is responsible for tow costs beyond the first 35 miles. Check the AMA website for additional benefits. If you choose to join the AMA, make sure you select a membership option that INCLUDES the roadside coverage, as it usually requires automatic membership renewal to get the coverage.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
One thing to be wary of is vehicle roadside assistance available thru you vehicle insurance company. Some companies treat a service call the same as an accident and may want to increase your insurance premium if you use their service.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Might look at the ride-on product. It is a tire sealer and balancer. It works well in motorcycle tires and have used in in 4 bikes.

Also can be used in car and truck applications. With ride on in your tires plus a tire plug kit and CO2 cylinders should get you to a repair shop!

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
NK, I do belong to both. I've had AA for years and joined the American Motorcyclist Association just to support motorcycling activities. I know I could save money just going w/one, but the rest of the family is used to AAA and I kept it primarily because of the longer free towing benefit, which I have used on a few occasions. I've never used the AMA benefits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts