Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether the slingshot will make an appearance? If not, a missed sales opportunity!

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
549 Posts
that would be kool... but by then I will have it in my garage...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Miami Dealer was going to display his demo at the show. But no demo, and he asked several times for them to send a preproduction unit since he had reserved a booth thinking he would of had his demo in September/October.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone told me it was a $4,000 cost to the dealer, who refused. Many victory bikes and apparel. No slingshot

·
549 Posts
That sucks... But regardless, once people see a commercial or one on the road, they will go nuts.
I am getting the first SS base at Broward Motorsport.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The Davie location tried to jack me $6k extra on a SL. I hope they quoted you something on paper because those pricks might tell you they want $3k to $6k once the unit is there. They took my deposit and a few weeks later while shopping for helmets is when I pressed them for a final price and was told they wanted $6k extra. Manager was a cocky shit telling me to take it or leave it because he had some sucker pay his premium and price in full already.

·
549 Posts
I guess we had completely different experience.
No premium what so ever...
The guys were very friendly, nothing like what you are describing.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm not the only one who has pulled their deposit with them. Maybe they realized that they can't act like scumbags with social media.

Did you get a formal quote from them?

·
549 Posts
Yes. I have everything taken cared of and my experience was totally different.
The people were super cool and down to earth. no issues here...

·
549 Posts
Im sorry to hear that man.
From my perspective everything was completely transparent. I talked to Ray which was the sales guy. He provided all the information he had at the time, basically the information that we all know from Polaris. I told him that I want it the base model and wanted to leave a deposit. I also talked to the General Manager and completed the full transaction.
There was no mark up and no bullshit transaction. Everything straight to the point. I am very happy with my experience with them. No issues.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm not the only one who has pulled their deposit with them. Maybe they realized that they can't act like scumbags with social media.

Did you get a formal quote from them?
Joker, I agree with you. Also there are several post on this forum about this dealership during September that support your statement. I did not go with them for the same reason. They wanted $6,000 non-refundable is what the sales man told me. Maybe now they know better and are trying a different approach today.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Joker, I agree with you. Also there are several post on this forum about this dealership during September that support your statement. I did not go with them for the same reason. They wanted $6,000 non-refundable is what the sales man told me. Maybe now they know better and are trying a different approach today.
FJ as you said maybe they learned their lesson or, they'll find some way to tack that extra charge on before he gets to drive it out the door.

·
549 Posts
FJ as you said maybe they learned their lesson or, they'll find some way to tack that extra charge on before he gets to drive it out the door.
I find this comment somehow insulting.
there will be no "tack that extra charge before he gets to drive it out the door"

I was very clear when i stated that there was no mark up and no bullshit. This is not my first rodeo. It is a final sale and Everything is in ink

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Its amazing the prices I am hearing. I can tell u in alabama they are just hoping to get buyers. I have talked to dealers that have no deposits.. just a lot of people asking to be called when one comes in.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I find this comment somehow insulting.
there will be no "tack that extra charge before he gets to drive it out the door"

I was very clear when i stated that there was no mark up and no bullshit. This is not my first rodeo. It is a final sale and Everything is in ink
NightFlyer was not insulting you. What he was stated was first hand knowledge about that dealership. For a fact that dealership ask me for a $6,000 non-refundable deposit plus $2,000freight and setup fee. I went to another dealer that treated me better. Ask Joker what happen to him at that dealer. If you got a good deal from them like you state hey that's great. I am happy for you. But no one here is insulting you we are only stating the facts of the known reputation of a certain dealer. Like I said before maybe the dealer has changed his policies. That's great. They should sell a lot of units if that be the case.

·
549 Posts
Thank you for the clarification Florida Joe. Perhaps like you stated, they have changed some policies. :)
From my perspective it was all good. I also get the "updates" they have received which is a nice gesture but by the time they call me I already know thanks to this forum! :D

Just like everyone else now is the waiting game. I feel like the kid in the road trip that keeps asking: is it here yet? Is it here yet? :D

I cant wait to start the modifications!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts