Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have my SS towed to the closest dealer for a bad alternator. Before it left I had washed it and it was perfect. Once the dealer had it they told me that it would take four weeks. Luckily that turned into only 10 days. Which is great. But here comes the rub. My SS was dirty as hell like it had been taken out to a dust bowl and left there for a windstorm.. WTF... Don't dealers care about customers or is this their way of retaliating on me for opening a ticket with Polaris.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have three of them.. They always look nice.. I guess the bar is too high for the Polaris dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My alternator quit too. The dealer had to get an “approval” from Polaris before a new alternator snd battery could be installed. It took a week to grt the approval. When they finally called me to bring my SS in, the battery was too fried to hold a charge. I ended up taking it out and installing my lawn tractor battery into it. It started and got me to the dealer... saved me the towing time and money!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately for me the dealer is 64 miles away. Since the alternator was shot the battery would only keep it running for like 10 minutes before it would quit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the dealer a complaint on their facebook page. They read it about 20 minutes later but did not reply with even an apology. sigh.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Like many others, I have had several problems with my dealer. I wish Polaris would do more to insure quality service at their dealers. I live close to the Canadian border and have started going up north for all my service. The dealer there seems to know what they’re doing.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Same thing happened to me last spring. Went to pick it up an it was dirtier than the customers ATV’s..
I complained, they offered to wash it. I didn’t have faith in their washing abilities..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dealers come in many flavor some not so hot. My dealer Brewer Cyles in Henderson NC is superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts