Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Next thing on my list but I got to go with the cheep seats , no enclosed just a new utility trailer with a single axle next week.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just test fit mine into my enclosed this past weekend. I had probably 1-1.5" of clearance on each side of the front wheels going between the fenders. It was pretty tight. My trailer is a Pace 8.5'x20'. I'm in the process of removing the D-rings that are currently in the floor and installing flush mount versions so I wont stub my toes on them.
I'm not a fan of how they want you to strap the rear end down by going through the swing arm and around the tire. I ordered some axle straps with the cover and wonder if it will scratch the wheel if I decide to just go through it? Any ideas? @Hogg picture looks like it is done this way. Is that correct, and did it scratch the wheels?

Stephen

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I just test fit mine into my enclosed this past weekend. I had probably 1-1.5" of clearance on each side of the front wheels going between the fenders. It was pretty tight. My trailer is a Pace 8.5'x20'. I'm in the process of removing the D-rings that are currently in the floor and installing flush mount versions so I wont stub my toes on them.
I'm not a fan of how they want you to strap the rear end down by going through the swing arm and around the tire. I ordered some axle straps with the cover and wonder if it will scratch the wheel if I decide to just go through it? Any ideas? @Hogg picture looks like it is done this way. Is that correct, and did it scratch the wheels?

Stephen
soft motorcycle ties were great and won't scratch

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Is it my imagination or does that look tight in there? I'm a stocky guy and I don't want a lot of problems getting in and out.
Troubleshooter, It is tight but not a big problem. 6'1", 300 here and I was OK. You only have about 1-2 inches on each side of the wheel wells.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts