Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Love this machine. Corners like nothing I've ever driven, be it 2, 3, or 4-wheeled.
2) Parked 'er on a steep driveway. When I got back in to leave, once started, the power assist steering light came on, and I had no power assist. Eventually, I cut the engine, restarted it, it rebooted, and power assist steering was back.
3) Home-grown security: Step One, turn the wheel to the stop. Step Two, pull the seat belt to full extension, and wrap it a time or two around the steering wheel stay that is now at the bottom of the wheel, leaving the metal buckle through to the front of the wheel so it points to the seat. Step 3, take a motorcycle disc brake lock/alarm, slide it over the two straps of the seat belt in front of the wheel, and lock it onto the seat belt buckle. If the wind blows, the alarm does not go off. If you radically turn the wheel, or cut the seat belt, the alarm does activate. Perhaps a slight deterrent.
4) The spokes on the SL take the shape of slingshots.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
3) Home-grown security: Step One, turn the wheel to the stop. Step Two, pull the seat belt to full extension, and wrap it a time or two around the steering wheel stay that is now at the bottom of the wheel, leaving the metal buckle through to the front of the wheel so it points to the seat. Step 3, take a motorcycle disc brake lock/alarm, slide it over the two straps of the seat belt in front of the wheel, and lock it onto the seat belt buckle. If the wind blows, the alarm does not go off. If you radically turn the wheel, or cut the seat belt, the alarm does activate. Perhaps a slight deterrent.
Can you snap a picture of that?

·
Registered
122 Posts
1) Love this machine. Corners like nothing I've ever driven, be it 2, 3, or 4-wheeled.
2) Parked 'er on a steep driveway. When I got back in to leave, once started, the power assist steering light came on, and I had no power assist. Eventually, I cut the engine, restarted it, it rebooted, and power assist steering was back.
4) The spokes on the SL take the shape of slingshots.
Hi,
Where can I find this device? Is the alarm loud enough to deter any thieves?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the props folks. Most bike dealers carry a similar product. And yes, it's loud enough to draw negative attention.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just out of curiosity - you say corners like nothing else?

Can you tell us what other vehicles you've driven as a baseline?

I've been fortunate to enough to own and drive some pretty incredible 4 wheeled sportscars and I'm struggling to think a 3 wheeled vehicle with that seems a bit front heavy would corner so strongly.

So, as everything is relative - can you tell us what you compare it to?

Thanks

·
2,333 Posts
Swinglo,
This is going to read wrong, it is not intended to be snarky but I don't know any other way to ask. You have said many times that Polaris is a customer of yours. Why have you not yet arranged for a test ride. Seems the only true way to answer your questions.

·
Registered
291 Posts
No worries. Don't have my Motorcycle license and haven't had time to go take the road test to get the permit, so have to live vicariously until then.

My buddy is taking delivery of his this weekend and another forum member right near me is as well, so hoping I can drive it on the down low shortly. Weather here in Chicago area obviously a concern as well.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
No worries. Don't have my Motorcycle license and haven't had time to go take the road test to get the permit, so have to live vicariously until then.

My buddy is taking delivery of his this weekend and another forum member right near me is as well, so hoping I can drive it on the down low shortly. Weather here in Chicago area obviously a concern as well.
I think you can get a 3-wheel certification in Illinois.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts