Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest rumor mill is that Polaris won't be shipping anymore SS's until Sept? The current stock left to build and ship is being reserved for Texas and Indiana only. In July they'll switch over to 2016 builds.
Take it for what it's worth, sounds plausible. If it is, hey, keeps the value up on mine, but dealers that invested to sell and support this are pissed as they can't make anything to offset the investment unless they're selling.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I personally don't think this is right. The guys that have been waiting should have or had yours already. I don't think because my state couldn't get there act together other prepaid guys should suffer. Another bad move by Polaris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well Great, This doesn't sound good at all, I just today put down a deposit on an SL in Oklahoma, and have 1 guy ahead of me.
The dealership said they have been getting a base model and a SL about every two weeks. I guess we will see.......

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I would suggest that anyone waiting that really wants one sooner than later be a little more aggressive and start calling dealers that might have one in stock now. Be willing to drive a little bit to find one if needed.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would suggest that anyone waiting that really wants one sooner than later be a little more aggressive and start calling dealers that might have one in stock now. Be willing to drive a little bit to find one if needed.
I agree! It's just how bad you want one. If it was me, I'd have one reserved for me in about 30 minutes, after a few phone calls. Just a matter of locating a dealer with minimal or no freight fees and having it shipped. I personally paid over $900 for shipping with a local dealer, that would have easily covered any shipping charge to your home.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was on a waiting list, but then I started calling around. Had to drive 80 miles, but found one in stock. Calling dealerships is very good advice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope this is just a rumor, bc im the next on the list at my dealer, been waiting since feb 14th,
Frontier Motorsports , Fergus Falls Mn, purchased 815//15, picked it up and paid for it on 8/22/15, drove the SS LE home same day. No wait list, no delivery charge ($1000) no prep charge,($500). Straight MSRP no BS.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,158 Posts
The waiting lists started in July/2014 Deliveries started in Nov/2014. By April /2015 dealers had them sitting on the floor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts