Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Yes. (Yeah, maybe I wanna buy it!)

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
Awesome. All it took was a little good weather and BAM! the itch needs scratchin.

Hope to see the Viper at C&C and other events. Please at least come back and let us know about other exotic events in the area - since you are the hostess with the mostess. ;)

·
May be Addressed as "Madame HRMiracle"
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Great news (for me because I hate car sales) - dude's funds cleared the bank this afternoon and he's got the transport guys coming ASAP. I'm rather happy that this guy was so chill - like, easiest process in the world.

Really? Was her sling in the calendar? Good for her. Very nice young lady.

Here is hoping her sling doesn't sell, so that we could ride again. Fun times.

Sent from my brain using an iPad
Dude... no no.... not 'in the calendar' .... I'm in the calendar TWICE. yep - basically, I have a security detail now.

Heather, Super news. I'll pm you with all info later today and please do share.
Got your message! I've already told Jerry (buyer) to expect your info sent up with the Sling. Now look - Indiana hoarding all the orange ones :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Awesome. All it took was a little good weather and BAM! the itch needs scratchin.

Hope to see the Viper at C&C and other events. Please at least come back and let us know about other exotic events in the area - since you are the hostess with the mostess. ;)
Yeah - hot d*mn, that Vitamin D got people callin' all day! It's almost amazing! You better believe I'm going to whore out said Viper. I'm going to park it right in the middle of all the Slingshots at Katie's - just so people will ask "whaaaa?"

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So she SOLD today! Quick "Insider Info" for those who may sell their slingshots:

Listed It:
  • Craigslist - $0
  • Ebay Motors - $40 / listing (listed twice)
  • Slingshot Forums - $0
  • Personal Website - $15 (URL + hosting)
  • Attempted to list it on CycleTrader (where I bought it) but required a Ph.D. I didn't have
Listing Duration: 1 Month

Sold It Through:
  • Ebay Motors - this makes the 4th "unique / exotic" car we've sold through Ebay Motors - pretty fantastic
Offers (on a firm asking price of $22.9):
  • 7 "Cash in hand, I'll Buy it Tonight" offers between $20k - $20.5K
  • 1 Offer at Asking Price
Test Drives:
  • 0 test drives
  • I required that all test drivers bring a $500 - $1000 cash deposit and a helmet - helped weed out tire kickers

·
Let's ride it like we stole it!
346 Posts
Congrats Heather!!! Looking forward to another video of you taking the Viper through a car wash with its top off :happy:

·
out of POSER Status-Almost in the BIG BOY clique'
1,478 Posts
Congrats, Hate to see what ebay raped ya for on final value fee's? I am limited with Ebay cause of there fee's. example: You sell a $400 item they take $70:rage: .

·
Registered
555 Posts
@hrmiracle . Do the shark teeth in the gill convey? Would be happy to get them. Not my thing to pimp my ride, but I liked the look. Fits my personality thing.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Congrats Heather!!! Looking forward to another video of you taking the Viper through a car wash with its top off :happy:
LooooL. You is funnay... but I told the Mr. - coupe or bust. #justsaynotobadhairdays

Congrats, Hate to see what ebay raped ya for on final value fee's? I am limited with Ebay cause of there fee's. example: You sell a $400 item they take $70:rage: .
Well - that's the thing. I did a "price is firm" so the buyer and I took care of payment outside of ebay. That said, we sold Rob's last Viper through bidding and yes - mucho rape on the % of the sales price... I think there was a cap, but still - not how I enjoy spending money.

* Note - I'd recommend not doing "price is firm" sales if I could redo it. Everyone "wants a deal" and people can't seem to handle the "don't call me with an offer" concept - they all made offers.

@hrmiracle . Do the shark teeth in the gill convey? Would be happy to get them. Not my thing to pimp my ride, but I liked the look. Fits my personality thing.
Ha! you want em?! You can have them! They're just cut poster board, but you can use it as a template if you wanna recreate it - I put them on in October and they've stayed perfect for what... 6 months? I'm impressed.

PUT TEETH ON ALL THE CARS! (Rob's old Lotus)

teeth.jpg
Cover_Halloween Polaris.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Aged grape liquid? Trust that I will not disappoint. No freakin' way.

Quite pleased with our agreement.

We can cover the finer details of brushing and flossing shark teeth over a glass of knock your socks off. Yummylicious aged grape liquid.

·
Super Moderator
2,883 Posts
The funny thing is you can park a $100k Viper in the middle of Slingshots and people will think, "wannabe." You can park a $20k Slingshot in the middle of $100k cars at a car show (without entering the show and people say, "Man that's cool! What is that???"

:wacky:

(Accidentally found that out and was invited in just so people would stop blocking the parking lot area and attend the show of ~60 cars. Oops. Stayed 3 hours, as my date and I looked at the cars people followed us around asking Slingshot questions. That was 2015, but for the few times I've been out this year--nothing changed.)

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Last year took the Slingshot to the South Bend car show in Mar and was the only none Camaro (all tricked out) in the room and I had more interest...used the Slingshot to promote the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation "Ride for Kids".

·
Registered
555 Posts
Quite true. I hang with a classic British car club. Most of the cars are beautiful, at least to me. Random folks ignore them, and stop to ask about my sling.

Harleys swarm near me from time to time. If I stop by, the Harleys become invisible. Everyone stops to talk to me.

Ferrari driving dude stop to say hi. Big thumbs up. His rims probably cost more than my ride. Slut, err woman of questionable morals who would give it up all day and all night to hang with money, in the passenger seat smiled, and smiled, and smiled at me.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts