Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone at a gas station last Saturday saw a show on TV the night before about how the Slingshot was built and it later showed a top from a aftermarket company. He didn't remember the name of the show.

Anyone know anything about it? I can't find anything online.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Someone at a gas station last Saturday saw a show on TV the night before about how the Slingshot was built and it later showed a top from a aftermarket company. He didn't remember the name of the show.

Anyone know anything about it? I can't find anything online.
I watched that same show, but unfortunately it wasnt the Slingshot being built. It was How Its Made ~ Dream Cars and it featured the KTM Crossbow.

The soft top they show at the end is something they produce and you get with it. It looks pretty cool. You should be able to find it online somewhere.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone was told by a Polaris rep that a aftermarket roof was already being developed. After seeing that clip it looks totally possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I have no interest in a top, but it looks fairly easy to develop and install.

Some good sewing and clips to attach over the roll bars and stretch it to attachments on the windscreen. You could even add a support pole from a cup holder to the top to help with stability and height.

Simple as a boat cover. ;)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I just hope I fit. Im 300 Pounds and 6'3" tall. It would suck to wait this long and can't get in it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just hope I fit. Im 300 Pounds and 6'3" tall. It would suck to wait this long and can't get in it.
Rab, I'm 6'4" and weigh about 255. Getting in takes some gymnastics but once there felt very comfortable. Part of my problem is that I'm not as flexible as I once was. Gotta love getting older...:yuck:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I'm 6' 2" 300, big build, not a huge gut and got in and out easily and felt very comfortable in the SL. I do worry a little that the top of the windshield is a little low and will be deflecting directly at eye level though.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Definitely interesting, best looking one yet IMO. Kinda dunebuggyish. How does it attach up front by the mirrors? How difficult is it getting in and out?

·
Vendor
630 Posts
Definitely interesting, best looking one yet IMO. Kinda dunebuggyish. How does it attach up front by the mirrors? How difficult is it getting in and out?
its way easier to get in and out.... put it this way my fat dad got stuck in it before...... he can get in and out now because you can lift yourself out

1 - 20 of 49 Posts