Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was thinking a week or so ago, maybe Polaris, since they are communicating with us now on a weekly or so basis, would maybe answer some direct questions from us, if posed in a polite and professional manner. I know we have all bitched and complained at some point, or points, along this 5 month or so ride to try and obtain one of these unbelievably cool new rides. Most us early disciples of the House of Sling, have felt what everybody who has been waiting feels about waiting for the SS or the missed delivery promises, whomever they have been made by. It sucks, plain and simple.
That being said I was hoping that we could start a new thread where owners can pose questions to Polaris about common, widespread concerns/ questions that seem to spread from Coast to Coast. In my opinion, the thread should be kept clear of Flaming or Rants about Polaris. If somebody wants to start a WHERE'S MY DAMN SLINGSHOT!!?? thread then go right ahead, but I think this new thread should be kept respectful, professional, polite and maybe even cordial. I know that's how I like to be spoken to and I respond in kind. What's happened in the past has happened and none of us can change it. We all have to move forward and figure this stuff out and I'm hoping that we can open up a meaningful line of communication with Polaris.
Mr. Polaris, I've said since almost the day I joined this forum that it would be great if a representative from the company could talk with us. It really would go far in boosting your dedicated SlingShot purchaser's confidence. You have opened up some communication with us and I truly appreciate it but really, it's kinda been soft, underhand stuff your pitching us. I'm hoping to start a common issue thread, about what many of us are experiencing. Such as the high RPM spikes, the low RPM drops, the whine, etc.
According to what most here say, including myself, when you contact Customer Service with questions, many times you get referred to your dealer. As many of us know, a lot of dealers don't know the answers to the questions either. I was thinking of having a list of particular issues, and owners could post a short question about whatever issue they were talking about or checked off. I wouldn't expect anything like an immediate answer from Polaris but after it was run through their legal team maybe we could get answers to questions like the ones I posted above.
Simply stuff like; will the rev spikes and drops be remedied by an ECM flash and do you have an approximate date for the fix? Is the whine caused by the belt or drive train? Is it normal? If not, are you working on a fix? etc. If i get enough agrees to this post I'll work on trying to get something put together. It's worth a shot, No?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ask if they'll toss our names into a hat and raffle one off to one of us deserving individuals. If they hurry, they can utilize it for this tax year and get endless publicity on the dynamo called slingshot forums.com all next season thus further propelling their bottom-line in the time to come.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much Baron for you helpful post, always good to hear your opinion on topics having to do with the Slingshot

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
I think that would be great if Polaris was willing to do that and dedicate an individual to represent the company on our forum!

But I also think it is unlikely to happen. The SS is just a small piece of the overall Polaris line and we do not get much visibility on the corporate web site and in their corporate news.

Direct input to their engineering development is very unlikely, because engineers and consumers do not interface well! So Polaris would want customer service interfacing with the customers with marketing looking over their shoulders and the bean counters also looking in too! So any issues would get clouded before they ever got to engineering to actually solve.

I would like to see Polaris have a direct interface with this forum but everyone would have to understand that direct response and action would not be part of the process.

The Polaris agent would just be a collection point for issues and feedback from the consumer (SS owners). Solutions and response would not be part of that interface, just collection of issues and feedback of the good and bad and the general feel of the product.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I think that would be great if Polaris was willing to do that and dedicate an individual to represent the company on our forum!

But I also think it is unlikely to happen. The SS is just a small piece of the overall Polaris line and we do not get much visibility on the corporate web site and in their corporate news.

Direct input to their engineering development is very unlikely, because engineers and consumers do not interface well! So Polaris would want customer service interfacing with the customers with marketing looking over their shoulders and the bean counters also looking in too! So any issues would get clouded before they ever got to engineering to actually solve.

I would like to see Polaris have a direct interface with this forum but everyone would have to understand that direct response and action would not be part of the process.

The Polaris agent would just be a collection point for issues and feedback from the consumer (SS owners). Solutions and response would not be part of that interface, just collection of issues and feedback of the good and bad and the general feel of the product.
All true.

You forgot to mention the corporate lawyers in the long list of people that would have to filter the communications. By the time it makes it through all those layers it would look like - well - exactly what they give us now.

But we can dream ...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I know, I thought about that also but figured it was worth a shot. If it doesn't work, it will give all of us malcontents something else to bitch about

·
Registered
619 Posts

And there is nothing at all wrong with that. It would be a great start.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Like most forums about a topic, a lot of the negative show up in the posts, but not much praise!

I for one would like to praise Polaris for the great concept and excellent delivery of a fabulous product! I really believe they have hit on a new and differnt adventure line of vehicles and we all should be happy to be part of this introduction.

I think this may open a new line of motorcycles and may see competition from other vendors in the future. But Polaris was first and has a head start!

As with all mechanical devices there will be issues, concerns and improvements over time. But what the SS represents today is a great vehicle, well designed, a great value and a great new concept for the adventure traveler! I will be happy to own it and be willing to live with the few concerns or issues as they get worked out.

I just hope Polaris uses the feedback from this forum and owners and utilizes all our excitement to continue to improve and refine the vehicle!

I Love my SS!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I too am all for it SS. The only thing I fear is a bunch of negative comments and some colorful language. Is it possible to post a thread through an administrator? Or someone who could "Filter" Comments. Maybe an administrator who has an "inside" With Polaris and could make this thread both valuable to us and them.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Praise for Polaris:

Hey, I loved your SS concept enough to put down a 'non refundable' thousand buck deposit 5 months ago for a machine I had never even seen (and still haven't) so if you haven't gotten the idea that we like the idea by now you never will. So just ship the dang thing will ya? Not only will we tell you what problems it has but I betcha a lot of gear heads here can tell you how to fix it as well if you aren't too proud to hear it.

Thank you for listening.

·
Registered
239 Posts
So I was thinking a week or so ago, maybe Polaris, since they are communicating with us now on a weekly or so basis, would maybe answer some direct questions from us, if posed in a polite and professional manner. I know we have all bitched and complained at some point, or points, along this 5 month or so ride to try and obtain one of these unbelievably cool new rides. Most us early disciples of the House of Sling, have felt what everybody who has been waiting feels about waiting for the SS or the missed delivery promises, whomever they have been made by. It sucks, plain and simple.
That being said I was hoping that we could start a new thread where owners can pose questions to Polaris about common, widespread concerns/ questions that seem to spread from Coast to Coast. In my opinion, the thread should be kept clear of Flaming or Rants about Polaris. If somebody wants to start a WHERE'S MY DAMN SLINGSHOT!!?? thread then go right ahead, but I think this new thread should be kept respectful, professional, polite and maybe even cordial. I know that's how I like to be spoken to and I respond in kind. What's happened in the past has happened and none of us can change it. We all have to move forward and figure this stuff out and I'm hoping that we can open up a meaningful line of communication with Polaris.
Mr. Polaris, I've said since almost the day I joined this forum that it would be great if a representative from the company could talk with us. It really would go far in boosting your dedicated SlingShot purchaser's confidence. You have opened up some communication with us and I truly appreciate it but really, it's kinda been soft, underhand stuff your pitching us. I'm hoping to start a common issue thread, about what many of us are experiencing. Such as the high RPM spikes, the low RPM drops, the whine, etc.
According to what most here say, including myself, when you contact Customer Service with questions, many times you get referred to your dealer. As many of us know, a lot of dealers don't know the answers to the questions either. I was thinking of having a list of particular issues, and owners could post a short question about whatever issue they were talking about or checked off. I wouldn't expect anything like an immediate answer from Polaris but after it was run through their legal team maybe we could get answers to questions like the ones I posted above.
Simply stuff like; will the rev spikes and drops be remedied by an ECM flash and do you have an approximate date for the fix? Is the whine caused by the belt or drive train? Is it normal? If not, are you working on a fix? etc. If i get enough agrees to this post I'll work on trying to get something put together. It's worth a shot, No?
I have been a member of a team where we had to answer things for Hyundai on a corporate level. It can defiantly get out of hand. It's a great concept, but from the manufacturer stand point it's never a positive. As much as you think it would be for this forum.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts