Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've been hearing this far too much over the past few days. Dealers taking deliveries with no pre-orders and frustrated buyers elsewhere waiting to collect and looking at weeks more delivery delays. Someone, somewhere needs a lesson in logistics and fulfilling customer orders. What a complete bollocks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You would think with no Slingshots shipping to Texas there would be a nice supply of them ready to go. Not to mention the states that are buried in snow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You would think with no Slingshots shipping to Texas there would be a nice supply of them ready to go. Not to mention the states that are buried in snow.
True enough Dascrow, a couple hundred at least based on what I've read here on the number of Texas customer pre-orders. But the whole state to state bureaucracy thing to me is even sadder. I'm at a complete loss to understand why Texas, Indiana and others can't get their act together on this. If nothing else, it's costing each state hundred's of thousands of lost sales tax and titling fees and to what end? It's nonsensicle. At least all the good folks on the Forum here are doing what they can to bring around change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealer has one sitting in their showroom too. Dealerships keep at least 1 so they can give people test drives to hopefully get more people interested in spending 1,500 over MSRP in "delivery/setup fees". And also to annoy every #2 person.

·
Registered
239 Posts
See that's whats I'm scared of I dropped out of 2 different dealers in ga to become number 1 in another state. What's worse then that is when I asked them if there a tier 1 delaer or 2 they had no clue what I was talking about. I pmed kip about that and he said they should know what they are. I wonder every time I call them if I'm still number 1.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
Just curious, for all these dealers getting two SSs delivered, what else is in the truck? Don't the truck drivers have a list of the other dealers they are going to deliver the rest of the load to?

·
Registered
779 Posts
So where are they headed for the next delivery? Doesn't the driver know where he is headed? Something is really strange about the way these are showing up!

I have a supply chain background and the truck drivers, Polaris and the distribution points all know where these $20K items are going, where they are and when they will arrive!

Something is very strange here!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Why are they delivering to states with snow on the ground already? When there states in the south and west where they could drive them year around? Sorry to you guys up north, but that's my opinion.
totally agree, I live in Vermont, I want my SS, but can't do anything till Spring, ship them to the South..... have fun with MY slingshot guys! LOL;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
They don't want people to pick it apart too soon!! They want to get as many units sold as possible 1st. YOU SNEAKY POLARIS!! LOL!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it was the presold model but the gentlemen who was #1 found out it was too difficult for him to get in and out of it due to his age and size. They did have dozens of people that were interested but no one else put a deposit down. So I canceled my order with other dealership (#2 spot) and picked this one up.

·
Registered
779 Posts
again, I find it hard to belive that Polaris does not know how many SSs they have, how many are moved out of the factory for loading, which ones are on which truck headed for which dealer? They know!

Someone at Polaris and at the logistics office knows this and there is no excuse why they can not tell the dealer that they have x number of vehicles and are in shipment and about when they will arrive..

These are not 50 cent bags of chips they are $20,000.00 items. They know when they were produced and which ones (by VIN number) are going to which trucker and which ones are being delivered to which dealers... come... on!

The least they should be doing is notifying the dealers which vehicles are coming and approximately when to expect them. The dealer could let the customers know so they can be making arrangements for the payment, financing and pick-up.

That is typical good customer service.

Maybe we should all show up at the dealers on the 26 th and pick up our vehicles or take back our deposits ... all the remaining buyers ....all at once!
I guess I could wait until spring for one!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
again, I find it hard to belive that Polaris does not know how many SSs they have, how many are moved out of the factory for loading, which ones are on which truck headed for which dealer? They know!

Someone at Polaris and at the logistics office knows this and there is no excuse why they can not tell the dealer that they have x number of vehicles and are in shipment and about when they will arrive..

These are not 50 cent bags of chips they are $20,000.00 items. They know when they were produced and which ones (by VIN number) are going to which trucker and which ones are being delivered to which dealers... come... on!

The least they should be doing is notifying the dealers which vehicles are coming and approximately when to expect them. The dealer could let the customers know so they can be making arrangements for the payment, financing and pick-up.

That is typical good customer service.

Maybe we should all show up at the dealers on the 26 th and pick up our vehicles or take back our deposits ... all the remaining buyers ....all at once!
I guess I could wait until spring for one!
I agree. Of course they know. It sucks because I'm certain I'll receive absolutely no notice until it comes in. It's then going to take me several days to get things arranged to pick it up. By then 100 people will have screwed with it. Polaris communication is the worst I've ever experienced.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Slingking, your dealer won't let anyone screw with it. They really take care of their customers. I'm pretty sure they will not even put it out for people to have access to it.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Slingking, your dealer won't let anyone screw with it. They really take care of their customers. I'm pretty sure they will not even put it out for people to have access to it.
I have no doubt that they'll do their best. They seem like great people and they've been very kind the few times I've called them. I'm just thinking, it's not an easy thing to hide when the whole shop is open to the public. They can't police it 24/7 and oftentimes, people just do what they want. I sure hope you're right Saul.

I wish Polaris would just give them at least the vin# so my dealer could do a purchase order so that I could at least be more prepared. For whatever reason, it has to be a big secret. When you did business with them (Mt. Hood,) did they ever call just to touch bases with you for an update? It sure would be nice to hear at least something from someone, once in a blue moon. Even if it's just to say, hey sorry, we've been checking and we still have nothing. Anyway......They're probably pretty busy I guess.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Slingking - I only snow checked two snowmobiles from them. They told me they would arrive in June or July. So I was not really expecting anything other than that. Both sleds arrived in June. All of the other items I purchased from them, they either had in stock, or were on the way. They kept all of my rides in the back/side warehouse, and did not let anyone touch them. Every time I needed accessories, or work done, they were on it. They treat you, as a customer, the way they would want to be treated themselves.

I had thought about purchasing the SS from them, but the extra shipping would have been too much. The 1000 mile drive would be fun during the right time of the year, but not now.

I would have every confidence of them taking good care of you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts