Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can clear snow pretty fast around here but there will be a little shipping delay on Monday November 10th.
5 - 11 inches of heavy wet snow plus the first snow storm of the year will cause delays in Minnesota.

Snow storm.jpg

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew in July when they said it would be a fall delivery that this was a possibility.
I asked myself then if I would still want it, and my answer was always YES!
That was way before the incredible talent started showing up in the forum. I have plenty of things to work on and play with before spring. Also, I would rather have it now with a possibility of trailering it somewhere warm than not to have it at all or wait until spring or summer to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Holy Frick, Your HIGH that day is probably my LOW for the whole year, LOL
Down here when it gets to 31 they call it a "hard freeze" and say bring in the animals, cover the plants and pipes, LOL

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy Frick, Your HIGH that day is probably my LOW for the whole year, LOL
Down here when it gets to 31 they call it a "hard freeze" and say bring in the animals, cover the plants and pipes, LOL
LOL, that is nothing there will be a big negative in front of those numbers in another month!:arghh:
Were just getting warmed up right now....

·
Registered
5 Posts
The day I put my money down I figured I would be trailering it home because of the snow.....as time passed I thought I might get lucky and just need a few extra layers... and this crazy storm....

·
Registered
915 Posts
Bro, when I was in 3 rd to 5th grade, they were forcing us to learn metric. They said that the whole world was going to use metric in 10 years. I know, it's soooo simple. It's based on tens. Well that never panned out down here. You want to talk that centimeter crap go on section francophone and do it !!!! We use inches down here. dammit!!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bro, when I was in 3 rd to 5th grade, they were forcing us to learn metric. They said that the whole world was going to use metric in 10 years. I know, it's soooo simple. It's based on tens. Well that never panned out down here. You want to talk that centimeter crap go on section francophone and do it !!!! We use inches down here. dammit!!!
LOL.......well, you better get back to school very quick!!! Because a lot of the parts/screws on your slingshot are metric ;)

BTW where is the little inches that you talking about down there, dammit? :facepalm:

Sorry, cranky and drunk
Sorry, sober and sarcastic :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Back to the weather forecast.....that massive artic front pushing its way south is not ideal timing over the next two weeks! I'll be riding northward 90 minutes once I take delivery of my SS. Should be exhilarating!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have not done my homework yet for IOWA weather, but if the roads are cleared quickly, I see no major reason to be that concerned since ship date commences Nov 12. I also like to think those truckers would drive in any remaining snow; trying to remain optimistic.

Reactions: Mike Mtl and 1173

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have not done my homework yet for IOWA weather, but if the roads are cleared quickly.
Well "IOWA" weather is going to be fine, the storms path is cutting across the Dakota's, Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. But ALL Slingshots are brought to a warehouse and dispatched from the Twin Cities after they're assembled in Iowa, that's why I posted this.
The good news is that many are already pre-spotted at various warehouses across the nation. but this storm will definitely effect shipping in the northern parts in the beginning of next week.
The ten day forecast isn't any better, after this Monday's storm a Polar Vortex sits on top of us bringing single digit temperatures and another storm brewing for the end of next week. Winter is here to stay for us and is looking like it will be as brutal as last year.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts