Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST KIDDIN:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

upload_2014-12-15_16-28-15.jpeg

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doesn't the GT hold the record for the standing mile?

my buddy Marco's supra when he had it. not bad for full interior all accessories.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Doesn't the GT hold the record for the standing mile?

my buddy Marco's supra when he had it. not bad for full interior all accessories.
OMG...you know Marco? That's some nice vintage video from Byron. Going back 10 years ago or so, I was hanging around with a guy and we were hitting most of the cruise nights, and all he would talk about was Marco and his legendary Supra. That's all he would talk about. He'd be talking with a perfect stranger about their car, and sure enough out of his mouth would come..."My buddy Marco has a 9 second Supra that would blow you away". I got tired of hearing it. This guy was a real dork. He'd park next to me at a car show with his Canary yellow C5 ZO6 and tell passers by that his stock motor was a Lingenfelter.

·
Registered
243 Posts
OMG...you know Marco? That's some nice vintage video from Byron. Going back 10 years ago or so, I was hanging around with a guy and we were hitting most of the cruise nights, and all he would talk about was Marco and his legendary Supra. That's all he would talk about. He'd be talking with a perfect stranger about their car, and sure enough out of his mouth would come..."My buddy Marco has a 9 second Supra that would blow you away". I got tired of hearing it. This guy was a real dork. He'd park next to me at a car show with his Canary yellow C5 ZO6 and tell passers by that his stock motor was a Lingenfelter.
yep, marco. gary n larry from SP, ron tsan, been, mike johnson, tim (dude w one leg) spent lotta money w Titan i think, Dan, Rubin, and like every other dude w a Supra on the planet. Did know a guy w a vette spraying w lingenfelter heads etc named jeff, he went from rx7 to lotus, to vette, to lost. He was kind of an odd dude. lol. At the time, those supras were monsters. Supra guys were pretty partial to supras to say the least!!!! i use to get a kick out of it. i remember when ron went 11.98 with pulled hoses and got kicked off the track for "being too fast" and not having a roll cage. Its remarkable how fast and how much power todays vehicles are producing reliably and with high fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
yep, marco. gary n larry from SP, ron tsan, been, mike johnson, tim (dude w one leg) spent lotta money w Titan i think, Dan, Rubin, and like every other dude w a Supra on the planet. Did know a guy w a vette spraying w lingenfelter heads etc named jeff, he went from rx7 to lotus, to vette, to lost. He was kind of an odd dude. lol. At the time, those supras were monsters. Supra guys were pretty partial to supras to say the least!!!! i use to get a kick out of it. i remember when ron went 11.98 with pulled hoses and got kicked off the track for "being too fast" and not having a roll cage. Its remarkable how fast and how much power todays vehicles are producing reliably and with high fuel efficiency.
I got a buddy with a Specter Werks C5 convertible he runs mid 10s at Byron, and they always cut him slack. No cage, no top, and they never give him a hard time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got a buddy with a Specter Werks C5 convertible he runs mid 10s at Byron, and they always cut him slack. No cage, no top, and they never give him a hard time.
That's cool. At the time, in relation to him the cut off was 12.0. 0.02 less, sir. you gotta go. he was happy with the performance, but was like WHAT?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts