Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Would you go to Slingstock in Lansing, MI

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just got back from putting on a 25,000+ person event this weekend, and it's gotten me thinking about the all-Slingshot rally I've been planning to do.

The complex where our shop is in is a terrific place. There are private roads, two hotels, our shop AND a Harley shop, plus a huge ice arena with exhibition halls and seminar rooms.
This could be the place for our forum exhibitors to showcase their new product, have a traveling exhibit, like classic Polaris vehicles in a museum display, evening concerts, and tons more!

Capital Center Rods and Hogs.jpg

Events management and Slingshot combine two of my favorite things, so I'd be really excited to do something like this. Now if I could only find a way to combine beer with this, I would probably never leave. ;)

What do you guys think about Slingstock? Should I pull the trigger? Would you attend?

EDIT: Coming soon!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!

You know, I could book a conference room and we could have a forum meetup too. How cool would that be?!

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think Austin, TX would be a great place. Not to far from the Hill Country and you could hold it in the fall when the weather is in the 70's

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
So maybe I missed the post, and not trying to hijack........But did no one from the forum take delivery today??? I was thinking we'd see 10 or 15 "I got mine" posts..........I guess the 26th is tomorrow.......I shouldn't complain yet.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::wtf:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
So maybe I missed the post, and not trying to hijack........But did no one from the forum take delivery today??? I was thinking we'd see 10 or 15 "I got mine" posts..........I guess the 26th is tomorrow.......I shouldn't complain yet.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::wtf:
they are out driving them:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
So I just got back from putting on a 25,000+ person event this weekend, and it's gotten me thinking about the all-Slingshot rally I've been planning to do.

The complex where our shop is in is a terrific place. There are private roads, two hotels, our shop AND a Harley shop, plus a huge ice arena with exhibition halls and seminar rooms.
This could be the place for our forum exhibitors to showcase their new product, have a traveling exhibit, like classic Polaris vehicles in a museum display, evening concerts, and tons more!

View attachment 2709

Events management and Slingshot combine two of my favorite things, so I'd be really excited to do something like this. Now if I could only find a way to combine beer with this, I would probably never leave. ;)

What do you guys think about Slingstock? Should I pull the trigger? Would you attend?
I would Kip.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With my Comic Con behind me (and yes, we have 2015 dates already for that show), I'm looking forward to possibly contacting the hotels on site and doing some room blocks for Slingstock again.
I'm cautiously optimistic about moving ahead, so if I do... how is your July?

I'd still like to do some live bands and other acts, but I'm fearful of the attendance. There aren't a lot of SS owners just yet, so if you don't have yours, will you bring your other ride instead? Maybe your bike?
Do you need all the entertainment of some live acts, exhibitors, etc? Or should we just pitch a beer and food tent for one day, and have an early morning cruise out route on Sunday?

I think if I prepared a budget for 100 people, even if not everyone brings a Slingshot, or some come in pairs, this might be a good break-even point, just for the hell of throwing something fun!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
With my Comic Con behind me (and yes, we have 2015 dates already for that show), I'm looking forward to possibly contacting the hotels on site and doing some room blocks for Slingstock again.

I'd still like to do some live bands and other acts, but I'm fearful of the attendance. There aren't a lot of SS owners just yet, so if you don't have yours, will you bring your other ride instead? Maybe your bike?
Do you need all the entertainment of some live acts, exhibitors, etc? Or should we just pitch a beer and food tent for one day, and have an early morning cruise out route on Sunday?

I think if I prepared a budget for 100 people, even if not everyone brings a Slingshot, or some come in pairs, this might be a good break-even point, just for the hell of throwing something fun!
If this happens, I'd like to see as many vendors there as possible...with product to sell. I went to a Victory Rally a few years back had lots of vendors but nothing there to buy. They had pictures and samples and that was it. I can do that from a catalog.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'd be up for a road trip in July!!

·
Registered
202 Posts

I would do the beer tent and ride just to get something off the ground. You can gauge it from there.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts