Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rockies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Smokies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what's the difference!

Just kidding, guess I wasn't awake when I did that.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
can't wait for this event...Even though I live here, I still believe we have the most amazing rides in the nation.

Reactions: Kev

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
Just a heads up on current fire situations here in CO. They should not impact the event in any way, shape, or form. But just wanted all those coming in from out of state to be updated on ways to avoid.

Current Wildfires | Fire Prevention and Control

The closest fires to the Event are the Weston Pass Fire and Sugarloaf fire.

The Weston Pass fire is already 10% contained and will be out in the next few days. This is only 90 min from Avon, but like I said, the fire will be out long before the event.

Sugar loaf is currently not contained. It is roughly 2 hours away, north east of Avon, so it should not impact the event. It's currently only 300 acres and is in the high tundra. Doesn't look like it's going to be a risk to anyone, standard suppression techniques are being used and firefighters are monitoring for growth.

Those that are near the Durango area, or plan on going through the Durango area en route to SSITR, this is the big fire to avoid. The 416 Fire is currently at near 42,000 Acres and is 37% contained. Since this is 4.5 hours from Avon it really shouldn't be an issue.

Air quality has been good for the most part, with some haze in the air. This time...not from the legalize weed.

Reactions: "The Ghost"

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
Does anyone take their RV to SSITR 2018?
How many Slingshots attend compared to SSITS??
Thanks Ralph
SSITR is a much smaller event compared to MV. I think last year there were just around 100 Slingshots. For a small town like Avon, CO, it really is a head turner.

I believe there were a few RV folks there last year and there is a church lot that people park their RVs at. @ivor has all the details on that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
SSITR is a much smaller event compared to MV. I think last year there were just around 100 Slingshots. For a small town like Avon, CO, it really is a head turner.

I believe there were a few RV folks there last year and there is a church lot that people park their RVs at. @ivor has all the details on that.
Thanks for the info!

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
7 current fires in Colorado. Only 9 days till the show! Doesn't look like the active fires should impact the rides. I am starting think that Slingshot Shows are a friggen James Taylor song: "I've seen fire (Colorado), I've seen rain (MV), I've seen Sunny days I thought would never end (Vegas)."

Anyway...still going to be a great show. Great friends, great rides, and great times!

Reactions: Kev

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
Just over a week out!

Wanted to let people know for anyone going that is looking to dress up their slingshot, I have a full graphics kit that I will be looking to sell at the event. These are the full strobe kit from SlingFX in red vinyl. They go for $120 on their discounted price on Slingmods. I am looking to get $90 obo.

Attachments

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
Just a quick update on fires in the state... Firefighters are amazing people and should be thanked for all they do. We were at 9 active fires, but there has been huge headway in getting them under control. The big fire is the Spring fire and as of Thursday they were only at 5% containment...as of this morning, over 40% containment.

Now to the 3 fires that are "close" to Avon:

Lake Christine Fire - 2300 acres burning with no containment. This is a small fire on the outskirts of Aspen. This one could impact the Independence Pass Ride. We may just go up and come back the way we came to avoid Aspen since they are looking at possible evacuations. This will be a last minute decision thing.

Turret Fire - Very small fire, only 6 acres, but is just a few miles north east of Glenwood Springs. No new growth since June 28th. Shouldn't be an issue at all, although the forest department has stated they recommend the public avoid the area.

Sugarloaf Fire - 1245 acres burning, looks like the plan is to keep it in the high country and keep suppression tactics to ensure it doesn't spread. This one is shouldn't be an issue.

Last fire to touch base on is:

Weston Pass Fire: This is for all those coming in on 24. This one is at 13K acres burning. Best part about it, it's now 52% contained. Big jump up from the 20% it was contained at the end of last week.

Air quality has been getting better every day as the fires are getting wrangled in. Keep in mind...nature's creatures evacuate fire areas just like people...keep your eyes pealed, animals will cross highways and make their own path.

See you all Wednesday!

Reactions: acpoppenberg3

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,833 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts