Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a room, at the Chateau Resort & Conference Center, although just for Saturday night. I'm about 2.5 hours away, plan is to got there Saturday morning and do the weekend.

Should be fun, hope to see some people there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wife and I will be coming … will have to trailer the Slingshot with Georgia coming but it will be a great rally.
EJ, great news if & Georgia you can make it. I talked to ConnMan a bit today. Exchanged #'s. He's got a great trailer set-up. Luckily it's a 2.5 - 3 hour hop for me. My current plans are for arrival early Saturday & Sunday. Poconos are a beautiful area and a great match for the slingshots!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are planning on being there if my knee surgery goes good and I'm heeled enough to push the clutch in. Maggie Valley was a great time.
X-Harley, best wishes for a speedy recovery! Get that knee done and working good. Keep us posted on the recovery. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I go in on July 16th for a total knee replacement. I'm going to ask the doctor if they can put a grease cert in my knee just in case. I'm going to talk to the engineer who makes these knees tomorrow he's a friend of the family.. maybe he will make one with a grease cert it just for me. LOL . Then again he may send them a reject just for me..HAPPY FATHER'S guys.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best of luck & a happy Fathers Day to you & all! I'm getting set to hop in the sling and go to Central Pennsylvania to visit the parents for Fathers Day. Looks like a good day for a ride. Keep the laughter & please keep us posted!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best of luck & a happy Fathers Day to you & all! I'm getting set to hop in the sling and go to Central Pennsylvania to visit the parents for Fathers Day. Looks like a good day for a ride. Keep the laughter & please keep us posted!
Weather looks great for the Slingshots in the Poconos. Daytime highs from the mid 70's-low 80's. Lows from the mid to upper 50's. No rain Thursday through Sunday. I'll be arriving a day into the event, Friday morning. sometime around 9 a.m. Hope to see some of you there. Not sure what to expect as its a first for me. If it's not just about riding but seeing some local attractions. I am semi familiar with the area and know of some worthwhile things to see. Jim Thorpe for a steam train ride. Yuengling factory tour. Eckley Miners Village. Pioneer Coal Mine Tour. Or just roll with tour. Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
114 Posts
This goes out to everyone heading to the Poconos. I can't make this ride. The knee replacement surgery went great.. Dr hasn't released me to drive yet. Hope everyone one has a safe ride. Hope to see pictures on here too. To EJFord . Hope to see you at your meet and greet. Dennis

·
Registered
88 Posts
Weather looks great for the Slingshots in the Poconos. Daytime highs from the mid 70's-low 80's. Lows from the mid to upper 50's. No rain Thursday through Sunday. I'll be arriving a day into the event, Friday morning. sometime around 9 a.m. Hope to see some of you there. Not sure what to expect as its a first for me. If it's not just about riding but seeing some local attractions. I am semi familiar with the area and know of some worthwhile things to see. Jim Thorpe for a steam train ride. Yuengling factory tour. Eckley Miners Village. Pioneer Coal Mine Tour. Or just roll with tour. Sounds like fun!
Frankie, it was an honour to me you, I now have a Jersey friend lol. Your insight on the areas history was amazing. Thanks for giving us the heads up on the coal mine tour. I truly enjoyed the trip. Hope to see you again and share some more rides. Stay safe and until we meet again

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gooseman,

Many thanks to you, your wife and the great group from Canada. What a great time. Thank you for stepping-up and leading rides. You and your group truly added to the event. I have heard many times how great the slingshot community is. My expectations were far exceeded in every way. Slingshots are great but its much more! Hope your ride home went well. Stay safe and I'll see you down the road!

How many months to Maggie Valley:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts