Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is a part that may not be for everyone out there. But thats what we love. The specialized odd ball stuff.
So what are you looking for in a hitch.
Mounting point are going to tie into the shock mount and swing arm area. With a laser cut steel swing out that holds the ball centered in line with the rear of the tire.

Goals for the parts
-Weight rating of 100lbs tongue weight (tested to 150)
-Simple easy to install and remove without changing anything on the SS
-Powdercoader with options of color

What else are you looking for in this part

·
Registered
396 Posts
As long as it can handle a two bike carrier I'll be happy. Being able to handle a small motorcycle trailer would be a bonus.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I would be looking to pull my Escapade Trailer that I normally pull with the Goldwing, so tongue weight is minimal along with tow weight.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'd be interested as well. No special additions to what you have

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You didn't mention it but a receiver type hitch would allow us to take the ball off when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You didn't mention it but a receiver type hitch would allow us to take the ball off when not in use.

Yes I like that idea so that it's not always on or take a ton of time to take off or on.
I think a pin style so it can remove and be little to nothing left on the SS when it's off. 3 pin or bolt points.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree with one that either comes off easily, or a receiver type, I have pulled one with a Harley and the Wing, and the hitch weight has not been a problem. The specs SlingJockey posted are dead on.
Tom

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
There are a couple of motorcycle trailer/hitch dealers out there. Look at bushtec.com for some other hitch ideas.

·
Registered
215 Posts
SlingJockey's specs are identical to the ones for the Aspen Sentry camper trailer I plan on using behind the SS. I've used mine for about 10 years behind a variety of MCs without any complaints.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'd be on the trailer hitch list as well. Maybe something easily removed when not needed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok this is a part that may not be for everyone out there. But thats what we love. The specialized odd ball stuff.
So what are you looking for in a hitch.
Mounting point are going to tie into the shock mount and swing arm area. With a laser cut steel swing out that holds the ball centered in line with the rear of the tire.

Goals for the parts
-Weight rating of 100lbs tongue weight (tested to 150)
-Simple easy to install and remove without changing anything on the SS
-Powdercoader with options of color

What else are you looking for in this part
I am concerned with having it attached to the swingarm. Wouldn't that make the tongue move around with the rear tire. Pin quick release / receiver hithch would be mandatory. I want to be able to take it on/off like my pick-up. I plan to use a small motorcycle trailer with marketing signage and generator. But not every day.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts