Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Cavalier trike yesterday. Cheap. But well built. I rode it into the cold night getting used to it. The heater works, as well as air. It has some pretty good torque, 5 speed. I like it a lot. My Slingshot is on order, just getting a little feel of what a reverse wheel trike is like.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad somebody besides me likes it. It's a strange looking thing, all the neighbors are intrigued. Everything works on it. It was built by a former GM engineer after his daughter wrecked the Cavilier. It's a pleasure to cruise around in. For 3700 bucks I didn't figure I could go wrong.
image.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mitch, I got my commercial pilots license there in Des Moines, retired near Springfield MO. Here's a couple more of my current rides. I may sell the Goldwing, depending on how well I like the Slingshot when it comes in.
image.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My R1 has a flat crank motor and will go right up to 180. 14000 rpm, sounds like nothing else out there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's my spoiled baby. Here's what I have in mind for the Slingshot. Just dreaming away. Look out USA here we come.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the Cavilier, it has a 2200 FI engine. 115 HP but only 30 lbs less torque than the SS at a low RPM. OD 5 speed fwd w/ ps p discs up front. Struts and drums on the rear came off the Cavilier. ABS. Air bags, stereo, The brakes work good. Wipers, full windshield I like. Defrost, heat that blows right on you that I could actually feel warming even through my riding suit, and air conditioning that the former owner claimed to provide some relief last summer. Driven sanely it tracks straight and true to 115 top speed. Just once I got a slight rear wobble in a high speed curve that I took at speed. There's storage and the seats are very comfortable. It seems to have plenty of room for 2. Available for this car are a full compliment of suspension upgrades. I'm entertaining the thought of improvements like radiused front wheel wells w/flares and tires and wheels, suspension, exhaust, a scoop or dummy stacks, panels and paint. The rear wheel is a Micky Thompson tire, 18 inches wide, on a 3 piece rim specially made for this trike. I could go farther, maybe a junkyard GTO engine and transmission, or g6. I've got other projects going so I don't know how much priority I can give this one at the present time, but I see lots of potential here that could be done quickly, easily, and affordably. It's kinda plain now but could be made wildly unusuall people pleaser. Keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey there Rod....
That Cavalier is WAY cool! Heat and air? We rode the Slingshot quite a bit around her yesterday and up until 9:30 last night, here in Ohio right at up the lake where we live. Son and his family and friends stopped over and stayed until late last night and 4 of our best friends came also came last night. Lotsa rides and lotsa pizza...LOL! It was a brutally cold 29° coming right off the lake from Canada with a 40 MPH wind, then we were rolling along in the Slingshot...windchill had to be 20 below zero...bbbrrrr....but we all LOVED it!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm glad somebody besides me likes it. It's a strange looking thing, all the neighbors are intrigued. Everything works on it. It was built by a former GM engineer after his daughter wrecked the Cavilier. It's a pleasure to cruise around in. For 3700 bucks I didn't figure I could go wrong. View attachment 2757
Rod, great looking ride and the price is right. Have fun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey there Rod....
That Cavalier is WAY cool! Heat and air? We rode the Slingshot quite a bit around her yesterday and up until 9:30 last night, here in Ohio right at up the lake where we live. Son and his family and friends stopped over and stayed until late last night and 4 of our best friends came also came last night. Lotsa rides and lotsa pizza...LOL! It was a brutally cold 29° coming right off the lake from Canada with a 40 MPH wind, then we were rolling along in the Slingshot...windchill had to be 20 below zero...bbbrrrr....but we all LOVED it!
Hey Larnanc, I live in Willoughby and will be picking up my SL in the next week or so, we may have to set up a cruise night in the spring!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congratulations on your soon to be arriving Slingshot and welcome to the forum! You're gonna love it when ya get it! I took family and friends for rides yesterday all the way up to 9:00 o'clock last night! Where did ya get yours? It was a mighty cold ride down to pick mine up Wednesday and snowing like crazy south of Thompson! Just got home from another ride and stopping at the car wash to get the road salt off, that I got on the way home from the dealers on Wednesday. We'll have to hook up and ride when the weather gets nicer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts