Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Maybe alot of you never drove a three wheelers so i don't want you teach you how to drive but just to give my experience with the T-Rex under the rain!

Unfortunately, if you are caught in the rain and the road surface is wet only then there will be no problem.

But if water accumulates on the road so be very careful and slow down because you have only one wheel back to take the road!

I already felt the back of my T-Rex will drop out of the road some time and two of my friends have lost control and crashed!

I do not know if the traction control make a little difference but be very careful in a heavy rain guys !!;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have ridden a Spyder in heavy rain, going up hill, and it is quite an experience until you figure out what is happening. When the rear wheel starts to hydroplane, which it will under the correct conditions, the traction control senses a difference in wheel speed and on the Spyder at least, it kills power to the engine. Then the wheel regains traction and the motor regains power.

So picture this: Heavy rain, climbing a hill, you can't see anything and then the engine starts missing. Not a good feeling until you realize what is going on. Then you just tough it out. Or if you have any choice just head to a Denny's and wait it out. I have never done that.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride a Spyder before the T-Rex but as i remember i never drive in heavy rain...so thats why i don't know how traction control can help...the T-Rex don't have any driver help!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here is what i talking about if you catch heavy rain...at 2:40 this is what can happen if you ride to fast!!...oh! and this guy is crazy...lol
That vehicle handles surprisingly well in the wet. And I can relate to that Kawasaki engine because I own two Suzuki B Kings with Hayabusa engines. Anytime you are in the wet, the front wheels create a channel for the rear wheels to drive in and experience less liquid, except for when you have one rear tire in the center. In that case, every wheel makes it own path.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts