Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Orangeman, try being in my situation: 30 years riding, no car license, just motorcycle only, being able to hop into a slingshot and legally drive. my insurance didn't change going from my previous ride either :) Adapting to turning a wheel, and from motorcycle gear shifting compared to driving a manual trans car is hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Illinois does not require an M endorsement for the Slingshots. Illinois considers Slingshots an Autocycle. Oddly enough we are one of the few states that also does not require helmets even for motorcycles.

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
584 Posts
New Jersey no longer requires a motorcycle endorsement on your lisence and the Slingshot is officially an Autocycle as for the helmets you must wear one unless the vehicle is completely enclosed, I am thinking if you have a top you don't need a helmet but time will tell on that one. Lol

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
...I am thinking if you have a top you don't need a helmet but time will tell on that one.
If Jeep CJ style folks can ride around without their doors, it's pretty much the same as a SS with a roof. Might have a good argument there.

I'll still use a helmet, tho regardless.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you and your Slingshot are licensed/registered in an Autocycle state like Colorado, where no special license endorsements (MC or 3 MC) are required, is it legal to drive the Sling in a state that defines the Slingshot as a Motorcycle and requires an MC endorsement, without one?

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
584 Posts
I just update mine here in NJ to an Autocycle. Now I have to send paperwork and money lol to Trenton to have them re-issue my personal plate I originally had with Autocycle on it. The only hic-up that I see is that if you don’t have your title some how the lean holder has to get it DMV so can change MC to AC. What a joke

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here in Wi..."cricket noises"...o_O F'ing state of Wi. Rumor has it Harley is fighting tooth - and - nail to keep it from changing to autocycle. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
In florida it is now "autocycle" on july 1st

Can it still be operated with a motorcycle only license? (no drivers license)

·
Registered
53 Posts
The info for Pa is wrong. You cannot take your motorcycle or auto license test in a Slingshot. Also, either license is acceptable to drive one.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts