Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Listen I completely concur about it made to be ridden. But as I'm RVing around this beautiful country of ours I want my toy with me and that requires trailer. Heck, in "05" I rode my Harley from Florida to Alaska and back, a grand total of 14700 miles in one trip so I know the meaning of riding. Don't hate just rejoice that there is another Slingshot being sold. Also, just remember, I'm riding while you might be at work. Now who's laughing? LOL

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
But as I'm RVing around this beautiful country of ours I want my toy with me and that requires trailer.
So you need to trailer your SS by virtue that you have to drive your house around the country first before you can play with the toys.

It's like taking your entire toybox over to your neighbor's house. :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:yawn:Just worry about your life I will live mine. It just happens to be traveling and seeing so many beautiful places. You go to your neighbors and drink beer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am a full-time Rver as well and I have one of these trailers on order. I can't wait to revisit places that I wish I'd had a motorcycle - Blue Ridge Parkway, Chief Joseph Highway, Oregon Coast. There's a big back yard out there to play in.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Now boys to each his own. I rode everywhere for 45 years, before trailers were even used. Now I am at the trailer point. I have earned it. No more worries about being caught in a tornado, rain, hail, etc. It was adventurous and fun during those years. Now nice weather, sun, and beer are good. Been there done that.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So you need to trailer your SS by virtue that you have to drive your house around the country first before you can play with the toys.

It's like taking your entire toybox over to your neighbor's house. :D
How about keeping your negative comments to yourself and just sell the damn things. Vendors should keep neutral, especially when it comes to trailering. Just happens to be that I'm working with Chris on one as well as my Slingshot. Certainly won't be you.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Troubleshooter 230, I'm quite sure Kip meant his comment in good spirit. He's an active supporter of the forum and I don't recall him ever posting anything negative. He used the Big Grin emoticon, so I would assume he was agreeing/envious of your post.
I love to ride my motorcycles, but the Wife doesn't ride (too smart!) and having her drive a car while I ride doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, so I use a trailer. Will have to wait and see what happens as far as the Slingshot goes, assuming Texas ever lets me buy/register one! With 3500 mile service intervals on my motorcycles, it doesn't always make sense to me to ride on long trips, especially boring Interstates, just to get to where I really want to ride. I prefer to save the wear and tear for areas where I know I will enjoy myself.
I checked out this trailer a while back before they had their first video completed and still showed a Spyder in the video. If it had been priced in my affordability range ($3K), I probably would have bought one, but it is my understanding they are closer to $6K, so probably out of my comfort zone. Maybe I'll win the lottery!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Listen I completely concur about it made to be ridden. But as I'm RVing around this beautiful country of ours I want my toy with me and that requires trailer. Heck, in "05" I rode my Harley from Florida to Alaska and back, a grand total of 14700 miles in one trip so I know the meaning of riding. Don't hate just rejoice that there is another Slingshot being sold. Also, just remember, I'm riding while you might be at work. Now who's laughing? LOL
Now I'm depressed. Sure wish I had the room t have an RV to enjoy those kinds of traveling. Too many local "codes" down here don't allow me to keep one on property, and I'd hate to store one at some place where i wouldn't have access to it 24/7. Have a Happy New Year and I'm sure you'll enjoy 2015 as much if not more than 2014.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ah i thought when you said trailer it would be a trailer for the slingshot to pull not for it to sit on XD

also the bottom pictures on that site are mislabled. the RZR is called a Morgan and the Morgan is called an OHV

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Troubleshooter 230, I'm quite sure Kip meant his comment in good spirit. He's an active supporter of the forum and I don't recall him ever posting anything negative. He used the Big Grin emoticon, so I would assume he was agreeing/envious of your post.
I love to ride my motorcycles, but the Wife doesn't ride (too smart!) and having her drive a car while I ride doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, so I use a trailer. Will have to wait and see what happens as far as the Slingshot goes, assuming Texas ever lets me buy/register one! With 3500 mile service intervals on my motorcycles, it doesn't always make sense to me to ride on long trips, especially boring Interstates, just to get to where I really want to ride. I prefer to save the wear and tear for areas where I know I will enjoy myself.
I checked out this trailer a while back before they had their first video completed and still showed a Spyder in the video. If it had been priced in my affordability range ($3K), I probably would have bought one, but it is my understanding they are closer to $6K, so probably out of my comfort zone. Maybe I'll win the lottery!
I am sure you know by now that Texas has changed its position on the Slingshot and will now allow then to be sold. Only 4 states still holding out, Conn, Md. Indiana, Hawaii.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
It seems Polaris thought they had an arrangement w/the TX DMV, but dealers are still being told they can't register them, so no dealers are selling to TX residents. A Texas State Rep has pre-filed a bill to change the definition of a motorcycle so that the Slingshot can be sold, but it also appears that the DMV has chosen to be di**s about the issue. One Forum member said his dealer told him Polaris was going to court next year over this, but no confirmation as to the validity of that. Meanwhile, I'm waiting, reading about the possible safety issues like stalling and free-revving, which are giving me concern about my eventual purchase. I don't mind the flimsy seeming bodywork and poor QC, but I am concerned about possible safety issues. I guess it all depends how I'm feeling when I finally get the call from the dealer.
It really burns me that Texas has in-state manufacturers of reverse trikes similar to the Slingshot and allows their sales while discriminating against Polaris.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts