Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Week Two of our Updates from Slingshot Central. The big news is that Texas buyers have gotten the word that they have been waiting for. The Slingshot is legal in Texas! Many of you already knew it, but we wanted to make sure that anyone that didn't was informed.

Slingshot Team said:
U.S. and Canadian Legislation Update
There has been speculation with regard to state and provincial regulation for Slingshot. The facts are that we are currently approved for sale in 46 U.S. states and 4 Canadian provinces. The exceptions within the U.S. are Indiana, Connecticut, Maryland, and Hawaii. With regards to Canada, we are currently approved for sale in British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec, and New Brunswick. Our legal team continues to work with the remaining states and provinces to find resolution, which in most cases is simply tied to the language that defines what classifies as a motorcycle in a particular state or province. We are confident that there will be resolution in the near future.

Most of the readers on this forum have likely heard about the situation in Texas as well, and we are VERY pleased to report that the Texas Department of Public Safety has determined that Slingshot can be operated with a motorcycle license. Currently, we are working with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to resolve titling of Slingshot, and we are confident that resolution is forthcoming. Since the vehicle can now be legally sold, and because the titling matter is very nearly resolved, Polaris started shipment of the two initial stocking profile orders to all eligible Slingshot dealers within Texas.
We did it guys! I don't want to pat ourselves on the back, but I think that our little campaign here helped at least a little.

As far as shipping goes the update is as follows:

Slingshot Team said:
Initial Stocking Shipments are Now Complete. Shipments to Fulfil Retailed Vehicles has Begun
We have completed shipment of initial stocking orders to all eligible Slingshot dealers within the U.S. and Canada. And, we have started shipment to dealers for fulfilling retailed vehicles. Based upon the current deposit information provided by our dealers, we believe that the majority of pre-sold orders will be delivered by the end of December. The trucks are rolling, and we have everyone on our team working double-time to get this done. As mentioned last week, we want to thank our dealers and consumers for your patience as we work to ramp up Slingshot shipments.
And lastly for a performance update:
Slingshot Team said:
Performance Update
We have noticed a few comments with respect to Slingshot’s braking system that we would like to address. Slingshot is equipped with manual brakes, as opposed to power brakes. In our manual system, braking force increases proportionally with pedal travel up to the point that the ABS system kicks in. Conversely, a power braking system often times will “over-boost” the first bit of travel, and then provide less additional braking as you push harder on the pedal. We like the amount of Slingshot braking control this linearity provides, as it gives more feedback to our driver during hard braking maneuvers. After you spend an afternoon in Slingshot, we believe you will agree!
Thanks to all of the engineers, marketing people, and anyone who took time to update us with Official Word from the Slingshot Team!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I am really glad to see correspondence from Polaris whether good or bad! At least it gives us some "official" news. Kudos to the slingshot team!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Way to step up, Polaris Communications Department! Great to hear the news straight from the source!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
915 Posts
Color me pleasantly surprised. Weekly updates, who woulda thunk it. Thank you Polaris and Slingshot.com. Looking forward to more up dates

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Happy to hear the news! Now Polaris, it's going to be an almost unheard of 45 degrees this weekend in Minnesota and my birthday is next week. I would really appreciate you dropping mine off at Northway Sports ASAP.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It's good to know "we are not alone" anymore...LOL Thanks for stopping by Polaris, I for one hope these updates continue....even if it's just to say "hey nothing new, just stopped by for a short visit"..

·
Registered
330 Posts

Week Two of our Updates from Slingshot Central. The big news is that Texas buyers have gotten the word that they have been waiting for. The Slingshot is legal in Texas! Many of you already knew it, but we wanted to make sure that anyone that didn't was informed.

We did it guys! I don't want to pat ourselves on the back, but I think that our little campaign here helped at least a little.

As far as shipping goes the update is as follows:

And lastly for a performance update:

Thanks to all of the engineers, marketing people, and anyone who took time to update us with Official Word from the Slingshot Team!

Thanks for these updates!

Thanks for this machine!

Thanks for not giving up when years ago the CEO was not sure if the SS would be a good idea!
Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would like to add my thanks to the Polaris company in their continuous effort to follow us,looking forward to my phone call in New Jersey.;)

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Lets see how my Mortgage company take a similar announcement from me? I will do what I can by the end of December!

Does that mean I will pay my mortgage payment late but by the end of Dec, or on time as planned or does it mean I will send them a dollar and the rest when I can?

I don't think they would accept that very well!

So much for their announcement. Is this November again?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It is hard to believe after four months of no information from Polaris to finally receive communication from them. At first I think it is not real then I go to well this is the way it should have been all alone so it has got to be real... Or is this some sick joke from someone telling us what we want to hear??? But I still keep pinching myself to see if I am awake... I need another cup of coffee...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts