Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I was impressed with it as well. Took me a few hours to install but well worth it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
How difficult was the install? Was the wiring plug and play or did you have to run power wires?
It was easy but time consuming. I took my top plate off my dash and it made it much easier. The backup camera was just a pop in and plug in thing. You have to fish the diagnostic port in and out in a loop and the am floor antenna has to be ran to the back. Also the wiring across the front is a little easier with the dash top off. I have had it to 27. Just turn the bass down a lot and crank the treble and mid up a bunch. It sounds great. But it needs more separation. I will add the JL amps and better speakers later. I'm having to much fun with it now to tinker with modifications.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was easy but time consuming. I took my top plate off my dash and it made it much easier. The backup camera was just a pop in and plug in thing. You have to fish the diagnostic port in and out in a loop and the am floor antenna has to be ran to the back. Also the wiring across the front is a little easier with the dash top off. I have had it to 27. Just turn the bass down a lot and crank the treble and mid up a bunch. It sounds great. But it needs more separation. I will add the JL amps and better speakers later. I'm having to much fun with it now to tinker with modifications.
Very impressive, if we had an amplifier +2 subwoofers JL 8 inches marine speakers, does the installation excepts it? Or do we need to rewire everything all over again?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I put the polaris sound system in mine today and it's definitely not inferior. Kenwood makes it and it sound great an amp and 2 8's will top it off perfect. Very happy with it:)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
While I do like the stock setup a lot. And I have never said anything bad about it when used in stock configuration. It isnt made by Kenwood. Its made and distributed by a company in Louisville Kentucky called Radio Sound. They make (design the radio here and make it here) which is pretty awesome. It does sound extremely good for a stock system. And for 95% its all they would ever need. Only the few audiophile geeks like me will need or want more. Nsound is the brand that they use to sell their audio gear under that they supply to CanAm and Polaris and Harley Davidson.

Just wanted to make sure that was straightened out before that rumor got out about Kenwood.

Here is a few shots of the radio system and the boards that are in it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
OK?? This one pairs as Kenwood for sure...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey man sorry for the confusion I did go out and checked it paired as slingshot radio the Kenwood was my boat so sorry guys:muted:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Its all good , I wasn't going to dig deeper.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Very impressive, if we had an amplifier +2 subwoofers JL 8 inches marine speakers, does the installation excepts it? Or do we need to rewire everything all over again?
I'm not sure 8's will fit? Plus I'd like a good small amp but, not sure where it would mount.

·
Registered
263 Posts
This maybe a stupid question but you guys following this thread must know,is there anyway to hook up my xm receiver to the stock SS radio?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts