Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I stumbled on this Youtube video this morning...

This guy seems to think there is going to be a big waiting list and it will take some people 1-2 years to get one if you didn't get in early. I can't say I really agree with the guy in the video, but it is an interesting thought.

Would anyone here sell their Slingshot for $5,000 more than MSRP in the first year?

·
Registered
212 Posts
As cool as this is, polaris is not trying to do what ferrari is doing with production nor do i think demand will creep that high. The moment you drive this slingshot off the lot you will lose money on it. Its an investment in fun, not a financial one.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Without a company coming forward and making a statement about delivery the bs rumors about early delivery, late delivery, no delivery or even get rich quick schemes are only going to intensify. It is time for those in authority in Polaris Slingshot to come forward and make a statement on delivery instead of allowing the rumor mill to run amuck. No excuse. This an't no way to run a railroad.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I stumbled on this Youtube video this morning...
This guy seems to think there is going to be a big waiting list and it will take some people 1-2 years to get one if you didn't get in early.
I wouldn't take investment advice from a guy on youtube with a limited vocabulary.

A Polaris Rep had told my dealer that they will not saturate the market to the point of driving the market value of the SS down but they are fully geared up and will meet demand. Of course everyone wants it NOW, but I do not see two year waiting lists.

·
Registered
620 Posts
As cool as this is, polaris is not trying to do what ferrari is doing with production nor do i think demand will creep that high. The moment you drive this slingshot off the lot you will lose money on it. Its an investment in fun, not a financial one.
26k to buy it, 6 months later it's worth 19k or less . Nature of the beast with toys

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I wouldn't take investment advice from a guy on youtube with a limited vocabulary.

A Polaris Rep had told my dealer that they will not saturate the market to the point of driving the market value of the SS down but they are fully geared up and will meet demand. Of course everyone wants it NOW, but I do not see two year waiting lists.
I always take get rich quick advice from random people on Youtube. I just ordered 4 more Slinghsots so that I can make $20,000 in the next 6 months. :wtf: HA

It is very hard to determine demand on a new product, especially on something as unique as the SS. It is possible that demand could dramatically outpace supply, which would be great news for everyone that go on board early.

I don't think it will drop in value as quick as any other toy. Look at how hard and expensive it is to find a used Rex in the states.....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If Polaris is tight on delivery value of a used SS could be even as high as original MSRP. If Polaris does produce enough units to satisfy demand value of a used SS of course will not be as high as a new SS. My money is on a tight market for the first year. We will know for sure by the end of October.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
In my humble opinion, I don't agree with the thinking that the value will dramatically plummet when you drive it off the lot. Motorcycle companies typically price a little lower the first year then they will steadily raise the price in subsequent years. This is in order to boost the sales and drive demand from the get go.

Last week I rode with several members of our club and no one had heard of the SS! Not one single one. Hell, when The SS was first being talked about on the Internet, I couldn't find a local dealer Who had heard of them. Those who had heard the name Thought it would never come true.

The can am started out similarly and base price was under $17,000. Now it's hard to find a used one for $17,000 and for their top-of-the-line models you're looking close to if not over $30,000

The YouTube video sounds like a shyster snake oil salesman trying to sell people a bill of goods. Do I believe I could sell the SS. shortly after buying it for a profit of $5000???? Maybe. Do I think that will hold true on the long term??? No. But do I think the slingshot will be worth a lot less once purchased? No.
If an investor buys 10 slingshots. Polaris will make 10 more to replace them. Polaris and the market will dictate the price New or used not a snake oil salesman!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my humble opinion, I don't agree with the thinking that the value will dramatically plummet when you drive it off the lot. Motorcycle companies typically price a little lower the first year then they will steadily raise the price in subsequent years. This is in order to boost the sales and drive demand from the get go.

Last week I rode with several members of our club and no one had heard of the SS! Not one single one. Hell, when The SS was first being talked about on the Internet, I couldn't find a local dealer Who had heard of them. Those who had heard the name Thought it would never come true.

The can am started out similarly and base price was under $17,000. Now it's hard to find a used one for $17,000 and for their top-of-the-line models you're looking close to if not over $30,000

The YouTube video sounds like a shyster snake oil salesman trying to sell people a bill of goods. Do I believe I could sell the SS. shortly after buying it for a profit of $5000???? Maybe. Do I think that will hold true on the long term??? No. But do I think the slingshot will be worth a lot less once purchased? No.
If an investor buys 10 slingshots. Polaris will make 10 more to replace them. Polaris and the market will dictate the price New or used not a snake oil salesman!
i agree can am spyder is the best example they sell 3 years the same bike after they put some new mods on the spyder and they rise the price again .now after 7 years they have a new motor... the old one will decrease a lot.
it take 5 year to cut half price

·
Registered
203 Posts

I found the Slingshot by accident when I was researching a Polaris RZR 1000 for a toy about a month ago. Nobody I have talked to has heard about them and you never see any advertisements or commercial's for them. We are coming off of some of the worst economic times of our generations so when you think about it how many people are going to be able to put out $27,000 for entertainment let alone cause a multi year backup.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Is that anyone on the forum? Surely a guy that interested in the Slingshot would be here right??!!
That was exactly what I was thinking. Where is this guy? :bag: And how many has he bought so far for this investment of a lifetime!?! :cigar:

Do you think Polaris already has 1200 units pre-sold? That's my guess...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts