Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
that would be dope! But unless the track and skis lifted it off the ground a few inches, I dont see it being very feasible. Besides, where would you drive it? To wide for trails and obviously wouldnt be street legal anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be dope! But unless the track and skis lifted it off the ground a few inches, I dont see it being very feasible. Besides, where would you drive it? To wide for trails and obviously wouldnt be street legal anymore.
No doubt ridiculously impractical and very few places to ride...but that has never stopped me in the past. Just imagining that rip across the packed Lake is enough to make me start working up drawings....lol

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
It could be pretty cool!

Back in my MN hometown, there are plenty of minimum maintenance roads, frozen rivers, and lakes to drive it on.

I would guess that you would find out that the machine is really too big to actually enjoy it though. Even a 2 seater side by side with tracks feels too big in the snow.

I say you go for it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It could be pretty cool!

Back in my MN hometown, there are plenty of minimum maintenance roads, frozen rivers, and lakes to drive it on.

I would guess that you would find out that the machine is really too big to actually enjoy it though. Even a 2 seater side by side with tracks feels too big in the snow.

I say you go for it!
I live in North Dakota, so that would be awesome if it would work!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm from New Orleans, so I already know I'm weird. I'd rather take my Slingshot to somewhere beside warm, white-sand beaches, especially when it gets freezing cold here in Middle Georgia. You know, below 75 or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm from New Orleans, so I already know I'm weird. I'd rather take my Slingshot to somewhere beside warm, white-sand beaches, especially when it gets freezing cold here in Middle Georgia. You know, below 75 or so.
Yeah I agree. We're taking it up through Tahoe, Utah, and Colorado. I hope to find some snow in Nov during the trip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts