Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Keep hearing about all these dealers getting them in and not sold. Why wouldnt they take care of sold units first. They had a date to turn in sold units.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Keep hearing about all these dealers getting them in and not sold. Why wouldnt they take care of sold units first. They had a date to turn in sold units.
Sadly it is pretty easy to falsely mark something presold when it isnt...simple click of a button

·
Registered
557 Posts
It is pretty sad to see them in the showroom with the first delivery. If we queried them as to why, they would probably state that they are demos and waiting for their next delivery to give to their first buyers. I would like to know who the dealer is.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Dealers are still getting two right away and three eventually, even if they haven't "sold" them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Stopped by a dealer today (they don't have theirs yet) and they said they aren't selling their first two. In fact he told me that they aren't allowed to sell them. He didn't know what to say when i told him there were already dealers around the country who had sold them and customers were driving them around. He said theirs shipped on Wednesday and were supposed to be there on the 26th. i asked what warehouse theirs were coming from and he said they were coming from Iowa....I said you mean they're shipping direct from the factory? He said yea that right...... They have several sold and I told him if I was one of their first two depositors and they refused to sell me one I'd be pissed off when other dealers were selling them....he didn't really know what to say. He said they'd sell a ton more units by having them there for people to see and drive.

The sales guy clearly doesn't have a clue. It's sad that these large dealers talk out of their butts and tell the consumers a bunch of crap when they don't know what the heck they're talking about.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yep, makes no sense. Polaris have customers waiting on pre-sold units and there seem to be several dealers receiving them with no pre-sales. My dealer is keeping both of their first delivery models as "demos" which makes my #3 slot a #5 slot. C'Mon Man!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Same here. #2 on the list. Sales person told me they're getting 3 and will be selling all 3. On the delivery date he told me they only got 2 in and keeping one of them for demo. When I asked him when is the next shipping date he said, "I can guarantee you won't get yours until December if you're lucky. And the shipping date for the second wave is TBD..." Come on man !!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I will say that the stories I keep hearing from everyone point to major dealership honesty issues. My local dealer has been fantastic....and simply point out "We don't know anything...you have the internet and might know more." It makes it at least tolerable to wait.

But damnnit I want mine!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Agreed. I'm pretty upset that it seems my dealer is getting two SLs (I'm first for the base) and they are keeping both. Just venting.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sadly it is pretty easy to falsely mark something presold when it isnt...simple click of a button
Sadly, some presolds are not taking delivery until spring. This moves the next person in line up a notch but each day processing the next person in line takes time and as the time ticks away another chance to get the unit out the door and the warranty registered. Once the warrnaty is registered the dealer order the next unit delaying those waiting in line. What a funky system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts