Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s it going all , I was thinking to try and drive my manual 2021 slingshot from New Jersey to South Carolina. Where I’m heading to is about a 10 hour drive and I was wondering if anyone has done something like this or if anyone thinks this would be do able. I would probably only stop for gas

·
Registered
32 Posts
How’s it going all , I was thinking to try and drive my manual 2021 slingshot from New Jersey to South Carolina. Where I’m heading to is about a 10 hour drive and I was wondering if anyone has done something like this or if anyone thinks this would be do able. I would probably only stop for gas
I have a buudy that rides his Harley from Pennsylvaia to Florida all the time. I's like to take my Slingshot to Myrtle Beach which is about 10 hours from my house. I don't see why you can't do it. Good luck and let us know how the trip goes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hopefully past break in; or at least make sure it's regular oil in there as opposed to the starter oil they use (WHY? WHY? WHY???!!!???)
Prepare for weather, make sure tire pressure and fluids are up to snuff and have fun!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don’t hesitate to saddle up and get on the road for a 10 hour ride. I have a 2016.5 and my traveling partners a 2017. My buddy and I have found our comfortable saddle time to be much different than our wives. He and I can easily go dusk to dawn, but the wives are ready to find a place to lodge and end the day after about 10 hours with 12 the max. The SS is very capable and can comfortably take as much road time as you can. Enjoy your ride,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I brought my Slingshot in southern California spring of 2015. It now has over 40,000 miles. It has been coast to coast three times and to the Midwest four times. I drive 600 miles a day minimum. The vehicle is very comfortable. I have XM for sound. Twelve to 14 hour days were the norm. However that was when I was younger in my 60's and 70's. Now in my 80's I stay closer to home and 300 mile days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife and I drove our Slingshot from South Dakota to Anaheim, California a couple of years ago. We did about 450 miles per day although one day was 600 miles. Be sure to pack rain gear. We did install saddle bags so we could carry clothes for the trip. Had a great time making the trip.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I drove my 2017 SLR from Missoula, Montana to Bellingham, Washington in one day. That’s about 600 miles. I don’t have a roof and parts of the trip had temperatures over 100. I might mention that I did it when I was 72 years old.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a follow-up to my previous post of driving from South Dakota to Anaheim, CA. Sunday I logged 200 miles and I'm 74. Have ragtop roof and saddle bags.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When we bought our 2020 my wife had to drive it home while I drove the motorhome in one day going through rain and Sun. 570 miles later she still had a smile on her face I’m 66 and she is 65.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I drive my 2015 from southern PA to Slingshots in the Smokies every year, about 550 miles. One thing that makes the hours on the interstate better is the speakers in my helmet which I plug into the stereo (fed by an iPod). Music makes it better and cuts the wind noise. Good rain gear helps, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You absolutely can. I bought my 2017 SLR in Houston Tx, I live in Tulsa OK which is 10hrs away. I flew to Houston and drove it home on backroad highways so the scenery was better. Exept that the temp outside was 104 that day, it was a great drive. I stopped for gas, drinks and eats. Check your tires, battery, put on some good tunes and roll. Have Fun

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did over 1200 miles over 4 days a month ago. Very northern Indiana to Gatlinburg TN. First day was about 9 hours seat time (5 of in the rain).

Wet bags and rain gear are essential if your doing serious driving. Can pack enough clothes for 4-5 nights in each wet bag and strap to the hoops under the roof. We also both have little gel lumbar pillows which work awesome. Me and my wife have 23,000 in the seats of ours and still enjoy every ride.

Bought a trailer to haul it longer distances for riding in more scenic areas. We've used it once since I bought it....... We just drive where we want anymore. 😎

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
It will generally increase the number of miles for your trip, but I find the Slingshot much more fun on back roads instead of the Interstates. Interstates are designed to get someplace fast, but back roads are generally more scenic and relaxing as long as you don't get stuck behind slower drivers! 😁

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just did over 1200 miles over 4 days a month ago. Very northern Indiana to Gatlinburg TN. First day was about 9 hours seat time (5 of in the rain).

Wet bags and rain gear are essential if your doing serious driving. Can pack enough clothes for 4-5 nights in each wet bag and strap to the hoops under the roof. We also both have little gel lumbar pillows which work awesome. Me and my wife have 23,000 in the seats of ours and still enjoy every ride.

Bought a trailer to haul it longer distances for riding in more scenic areas. We've used it once since I bought it....... We just drive where we want anymore. 😎
My wife and I just did over 2000 mi in 5 days. We were in Gatlin Tennessee to and ride the Dragon. We also rode in the rain fo

My wife and I just came off of a 2000 mile trip to Walland Tennessee in 5 days. We live in Tyler Tx. Also wrote in the rain for about three hours. Had our rain gear on. We made the trip to ride The Dragon. The weather was not too nice Highwinds and rain made the dragon a little bit treacherous. There were two accidents while we were there. Trees blew over on two vehicles. Hope to go back again next year on my birthday. I am looking for a SLINGSHOT trailer to haul mine on trips.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My wife and I just did over 2000 mi in 5 days. We were in Gatlin Tennessee to and ride the Dragon. We also rode in the rain fo

My wife and I just came off of a 2000 mile trip to Walland Tennessee in 5 days. We live in Tyler Tx. Also wrote in the rain for about three hours. Had our rain gear on. We made the trip to ride The Dragon. The weather was not too nice Highwinds and rain made the dragon a little bit treacherous. There were two accidents while we were there. Trees blew over on two vehicles. Hope to go back again next year on my birthday. I am looking for a SLINGSHOT trailer to haul mine on trips. I have 83,000 smiles on my Sling. No major problems.
It’s very doable. Just came off of a 15hr trip to Walland Tennessee to ride THE DRAGON. I live in Texas just a little south of Dallas and I drove it nonstop 15 hours back to Texas only stopping for gas and a bite to eat. Very comfortable trip my sling has 83,00 smiles on it. I did the northern states two years ago to New England back down through Boston and into Canada. You can do it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don’t hesitate to saddle up and get on the road for a 10 hour ride. I have a 2016.5 and my traveling partners a 2017. My buddy and I have found our comfortable saddle time to be much different than our wives. He and I can easily go dusk to dawn, but the wives are ready to find a place to lodge and end the day after about 10 hours with 12 the max. The SS is very capable and can comfortably take as much road time as you can. Enjoy your ride,
Yes sir. Just did a 30hr trip from Texas to Tennessee in 6days. Loved every minute.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts