Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Finally, a reasonably complete independent road test.

I found one part very interesting! In the 'Tester's Notes' section he says he was wrong about the Slingshot's handling the first time they drove it last year. Not so great then but he loved it this time. Sounds a little fishy So I got to looking at the suspension photo in the article. It looks to me like this SS is setup with more positive caster than we customers get.

Does it look to you guys like the shims on the top control arm are set up like in "Otter's Second Mod"? o_O :rolleyes:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Finally, a reasonably complete independent road test.

I found one part very interesting! In the 'Tester's Notes' section he says he was wrong about the Slingshot's handling the first time they drove it last year. Not so great then but he loved it this time. Sounds a little fishy So I got to looking at the suspension photo in the article. It looks to me like this SS is setup with more positive caster than we customers get.

Does it look to you guys like the shims on the top control arm are set up like in "Otter's Second Mod"? o_O :rolleyes:
The shim setup looks like mine on the passenger side. I have 33mm (1 large, 3 small, 1 medium) front, and 10mm (1medium) rear. The driver side has 35mm front, and 12mm rear. It handles well, doesn't feel darty up to100mph, but it doesn't even think about auto-centering. I'm looking for a local alignment guru willing to do before and after numbers so I can try your mod and post numbers, but with so many shims already on the front I'm a little concerned about the stress on bolts that long.

My SL was built in March, Vin 3937

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Super Street bike just posted a review here - http://www.superstreetbike.com/tested-2015-polaris-slingshot

Some quotes from the rview -

once I let the clutch out and spooled up the motor, I was hooked.

This is no sportbike, but it is a hell of a good time.

for those who’ve got the money to spend and are looking for something different, I would say give it a chance, you probably won’t regret it.

I don't get the notion that it's considered a "motorcycle."

21 - 32 of 32 Posts