Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of rental businesses out there, wondering if anyone on here has a vision of buying a couple and renting them? Seem like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Would take a lot of rentals to break even on 20k. Im sure someone somewhere will do it but they will probably have a lot of other things to rent too so as to spread the costs.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
IIRC, motorcycle rentals seem to run over $100/day on average, so as long as such a business is near a high demand area such as Las Vegas or southeastern Tennessee near the tail of the Dragon (US 129), for example, it should take less than one year's worth of rentals to turn a profit after allowing for depreciation, etc., and assuming whoever rents the Slingshot always has insurance coverage that actually pays for any damage incurred. I am not a businessman, but it would seem doable in hte right location and at the right rental cost.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Can you imagine how often the rental would have to replace that rear tire? LOL

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
A Scottsdale, AZ Indian dealership told me they were going to have 1 or 2 in their rental fleet.

They were pretty pumped about this.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Here is my guess....

From what I have been told, they are going to be coming out of their California warehouse. It appears they are trying to get all the CA versions out first. It also appears that they are having major issues with not having enough speciality trucks and drivers to get these out by the 26th.

I am guessing that they will miss the deadline in the fax. And we still wait impatiently....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have a winter free SlingShot storage service that might be of interest. Ship them to me in Florida. I would be very happy to keep your SS in Florida for the winter. No ice no snow. I would even send you pics ever so often. The SS would be started at least once a week to keep the battery charged. No charge winter storage. If you are interested email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I live in Florida and want to rent one for a weekend so that I convince the wife that this is the right thing for me. Still looking for a rental and once accomplished, I think I will be a buyer!
Sorry but I have a rental business in only in the winter months that coincides with my winter SS storage business. Here's my winter storage advertisement:
"I have a winter free SlingShot storage service that might be of interest to all you guys up north. Ship them to me in Florida. I would be very happy to keep your SS in Florida for the winter. No ice no snow. I would even send you pics ever so often. The SS would be started at least once a week to keep the battery charged. No charge winter storage. If you are interested email [email protected]"
So as you can see I will not have any to rent until the first snow fall. Call me back at that time.

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Look up my post " FOR RENT". There is a guy in south Florida with one for rent!

·
Registered
658 Posts
$75.00 per hour with $500.00 deposit here in Panama City Beach. It has been parked every time I've driven by the scooter rental place.

Stephen

·
Registered
291 Posts
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I might do something like that since I can get the 5yr warranty with unlimited mileage. I just wouldn't know what to charge for an hour or by the day. An ideas I'm in Chi-Town?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know there are a lot of rental businesses out there, wondering if anyone on here has a vision of buying a couple and renting them? Seem like a lot of fun.
There are 2 places that I know of that rent SS's ion New Jersey for about 250 a day. They also have both traction and stability control fixed to stay on...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I might do something like that since I can get the 5yr warranty with unlimited mileage. I just wouldn't know what to charge for an hour or by the day. An ideas I'm in Chi-Town?
You ever have to deal with any of those screwy speed bumps the mayor put in all over town on the side streets?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts