Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

What do you guys think of the general concept?

• Yay

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 47 66.2%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polaris-Slingshot-01render2.jpg
View attachment 3399 Hello,

Just created an account today. I have a Lotus Elise now but *might* pick up a slingshot in the next couple of years. I was curious as to what a hardtop would look like on this car so did a quick render on photoshop and figured I'd share.

Picture a removable targa top and a suicide door

I'm sure there will be a huge aftermarket support for this vehicle in the next few years and some sort of roof is bound to happen from some aftermarket manufacturer.

A roof would allow someone to remove the weatherproof (and IMHO horrible interior) and fit race seats etc and not have to worry about weather.

Anyway,

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No huge windshield or doors for me. I am interested in some sort of minimal removable fly/top for shade purposes only. I still want a raw, wind in the face experience.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hoping to come up with a system myself to get out of the Sun or rainy weather. With wipers.
Won't be a hard top either.
Light weight. Easy up, down.
Would only be used when needed.
But first couple of mods are paint, turbo, tires and hopefully better shocks.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Nice job. You did much better than I would have. I like the idea for anyone looking for more weather protection. I however, prefer it in stock form. :)

No huge windshield or doors for me. I am interested in some sort of minimal removable fly/top for shade purposes only. I still want a raw, wind in the face experience.
This may also be more my speed if I ever look for a top.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Ok, Here is what, I want you to do to the rendering and this time make the part that is on the bottom that is typically a windshield black. Just shade it in. Then drop the height in the front down about 4 inches. Im thinking you will still have about a 18 inches or a little more to see through. Right now it looks like you have 3 feet of windshield.

And make the roof top longer and the windshield straighter upright. Don't tilt it back so much.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ok, Here is what, I want you to do to the rendering and this time make the part that is on the bottom that is typically a windshield black. Just shade it in. Then drop the height in the front down about 4 inches. Im thinking you will still have about a 18 inches or a little more to see through. Right now it looks like you have 3 feet of windshield.

And make the roof top longer and the windshield straighter upright. Don't tilt it back so much.
Do you want a door handle too ? Should he get rid of the side posts . or just grind down the welds they dont look very good .

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Do you want a door handle too ? Should he get rid of the side posts . or just grind down the welds they dont look very good .
Your not going to believe tis SF . I didn't even notice the door panels. They need to go away completely in this case.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The problem with the slingshot is it wasnt designed to be able to be enclosed in the general geometry and it reflects that in this rendering. Simply put the SS has riders sitting too high in the vehicle to make a good looking roof possible. I wish they had made the seating lower in general though, not just for potential roof ideas.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey, I know this dude! :)

Honestly, don't like it. Looks to off balanced. Just looks like there's something missing at the back of the vehicle (and not just a wheel)!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts