Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Slingshot Recalls for November 2015

19K views 95 replies 31 participants last post by  WI_Hedgehog 
#1 ·
Polaris has one newly issued recall on the forward headlight jumper harness, which you may read below.

There is also a new, long awaited update for the rear sprocket retaining nut. Ask your dealer about the details on this update.

The safety bulletin for the forward headlights is attached below.

Have a safe Thanksgiving, everyone!

Attachments

#3 ·
Double nut on the rear axle. Inside nut at 250 ft. lbs. Outside nut at 150 ft. lbs.

#12 ·
I had the same thing but pulled the post after reading the confidential copyright stating that it is the sole property of Polaris and is not to be duplicated, copied, digitally or otherwise, without the consent of Polaris Industries Inc. :banghead:

#36 ·
If they perform the recall work, it is possible. This bulletin just came out though, so the new parts would have to be ordered.

I have been having issues with my Slingshot headlights malfunctioning at night while driving for almost a year now. I reported this to Polaris on several occasions and explained how dangerous it is.

They have responded repeatedly through their dealers that until all of my aftermarket electronics and alarms had been removed they would not begin to service the headlight issue. After all of that was done, the issue continued, yet they didn't have any additional information.
Well, to be completely fair, correlation is not causality. When Polaris was made aware of your issue, they had to rule out outside influences like aftermarket parts, and that didn't guarantee there was a relation to a larger issue.

At any rate, if you do have problems like this, you did the right thing and brought it to the fore and escalated it properly. I know you had one of the first few vehicles, so it probably cropped up in your SS first.

#24 ·
thanks for the heads-up @Kip Called my dealer- spoke to the mechanic- he has NOT gotten the fax yet, so was not overly pleased with typical Polaris communication. Gave him the Bulletin number, and he is looking it up..... ((So- did you get a letter from Polaris about this- he asks. No- that forum that so many dealers dislike keeps me up-to-date..... my reply. He, by the way- has respect for a lot of the information on the forum))
Was the 11/19 rear axle nut on a TSB? If so, does someone have the number? Thanks!

#26 · (Edited)
I have been having issues with my Slingshot headlights malfunctioning at night while driving for almost a year now. I reported this to Polaris on several occasions and explained how dangerous it is.

They have responded repeatedly through their dealers that until all of my aftermarket electronics and alarms had been removed they would not begin to service the headlight issue. After all of that was done, the issue continued, yet they didn't have any additional information.

Do you know how scary it is to be driving at night in a vehicle that is hard to see to begin with and then lose all vision in pitch black? Trust me, it is f-ing scary. Add rain to that and you can imagine how bad it can be.

Literally, it is pitch black at night driving through the desert and your lights go out. Scares the crap out of you. Okay, forget the fact that you can't see for just a half a second but now think of the fact that no one else can see you and that your exposed wheels can be easily bumped into and send your vehicle all sorts of crazy directions.

If it wasn't for aftermarket halo lights, I would've died.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I received notice Polaris has issued a Stop Sale / Stop Drive notice, one year after I first reported the issue.

This is crazy. I'm glad they're finally taking accountability for this issue in any event, but it is about time.

Do you think I am overreacting? Imagine how I felt driving without lights at night while I'm being told it is not a problem.

This is the sort of thing a company should handle up-front.

Full disclosure, I currently own shares in Polaris, but on Friday if the market is open I will be selling my shares. I feel that strongly about it!!!!

To be very clear, I received exceptional service from the dealer network both in California and in Boise--and I mean exceptional. The dealer in San Diego sucked, but the ones in San Jose and Boise were awesome. The problem is at the corporate level; they need to be much more sensitive to life-threatening issues such as this when first reported and take them very seriously.

I guess I can't drive my Slingshot (also known as the "Pocket Man mobile") until repairs are made at a dealer.

If you prefer to comment on my Facebook page, please use the following link:
Scott Jordan - Crazy. I have been having issues with my... | Facebook

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.