Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait to post my own Slingshot photos here. Photography is a big hobby... and the SS will definitely find a place in front of my lens:

* Winding mountain road with Mt. Rainier in the background
* Beside the river surrounded by trees with great fall colors
* Various cityscapes, including alley shots with experimental lighting options
* Parked near an event venue to capture candids of the crowd's reaction
* Photographed with a hot babe. This could be a challenge... "Yakima" is a Native American word that roughly translates to "Look around -- no hot babes here".

I keep the camera charged up... just waiting for that call. Stay tuned!

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Not a photographer sadly however I do volunteer work with kids with cancer. We just had our Super hero fun run and the whole time I was thinking how cool it would be to get great pics of these kids in their costumes sitting in the SS! Next year for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Not a photographer sadly however I do volunteer work with kids with cancer. We just had our Super hero fun run and the whole time I was thinking how cool it would be to get great pics of these kids in their costumes sitting in the SS! Next year for sure!!!
WOW, DKF in my eyes you are the true hero, you are a special person. By allowing those children to have Some of your time, i'm sure you know what it means to them. I am a cancer patient and a survivor, I bow down to you, special lady.
I wish I was in your town, I would've allow you or anyone else to take my SS to the "super hero fun run"
Again, thank you and to all the ones that give their time and help.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I think we've just possibly discovered our new yearly Slingshot "Big Texas Super Hero Fun Run". I would ride next to you DFK with smiles and great pride to help support what you are doing!
That would be a great day if we could line up a couple hundred Slingshots and gives these kids some Super Hero rides!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm also a cancer survivor, and I can attest to the value of the selfless volunteers at a time of such uncertainty and fear. I can't even imagine going through that as a kid. MAJOR kudos!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm also a cancer survivor, and I can attest to the value of the selfless volunteers at a time of such uncertainty and fear. I can't even imagine going through that as a kid. MAJOR kudos!
heffa, what type of cancer did you go through? I went through stage 4 colon and liver cancer survived it and still surviving it, I will be in the operating room (my last operation) in the middle of this month.
When DKF said that she helps children with cancer, it gave me chills all the way up to my neck, because I know very well the hard work that she must put in for those children's.
I do not know what more can I say besides all the most beautiful words that exist in this World to you DKF The slingshot super lady

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Colon cancer. Was diagnosed during my routine "you turned 50, let's shove a camera up your pooper" exam. Doc said he does these all day every day, and he only sees 1 or 2 per year that are as bad as mine. Had a lot of chemo and several surgeries. Lucked into getting connected with some of the best docs in Seattle -- that and a lot of good fortune led to a happy ending. On my follow up visits, doc still says he's surprised I'm still around.

I had a lot of colon removed, so now my nickname is "Semi-Colon"... complete with a ; tattoo on my leg.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back on topic:

* dodging a bullet like cancer is all the more reason to buy a Slingshot and LIVE LIFE
* I won't get confused by the direction this thread took and post pictures of my butt instead of pictures of my Slingshot**

** you're welcome

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Colon cancer. Was diagnosed during my routine "you turned 50, let's shove a camera up your pooper" exam. Doc said he does these all day every day, and he only sees 1 or 2 per year that are as bad as mine. Had a lot of chemo and several surgeries. Lucked into getting connected with some of the best docs in Seattle -- that and a lot of good fortune led to a happy ending. On my follow up visits, doc still says he's surprised I'm still around.

I had a lot of colon removed, so now my nickname is "Semi-Colon"... complete with a ; tattoo on my leg.
I'm very glad to be able to speak to you today....we are survivors :)
So I guess the SS is your present as it is mine?!
Keep the smiles and the jokes going friend because it is the best way to survive the pain that we went through.

Now back to the normal subject: I promise (I never break a promise) that I will post some hot and juicy looking pictures of the SS with a lot of models and girls in bikinis or less (The "less" pictures Will be only sent in private).

Please note: I will be held responsible for any promise breaking by what said on the above.

Not responsible: for accidents while looking at the pictures, such as; wet dreams, hard sticks, getting beaten by the wife with a broom, being called a pervert and skinny jeans bumps in front.

Signed: Mike
examples with my bike:

Beach Club - Auto Fest (102).jpg
Beach Club - Auto Fest (105).jpg
Beach Club - Auto Fest (106).jpg
Beach Club - Auto Fest (108).jpg
Beach Club - Auto Fest (110).jpg
Beach Club - Auto Fest (111).jpg
DSC00433.JPG
DSC00434.JPG
P1000115.JPG
P1000120.JPG

·
Registered
434 Posts
I thought you were gonna post pics of fine babes on bikes.
I didnt see any bikes, but i did see the fine babes you mentioned.
Good thing i dont wear skinny jeans, LOL

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I thought you were gonna post pics of fine babes on bikes.
I didnt see any bikes, but i did see the fine babes you mentioned.
Good thing i dont wear skinny jeans, LOL
I think all the chrome on my bike blinded you LOL

I have so many more but I'll wait until I get my SS

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I like the can (Bud Light?) under the kick stand in pics 1 & 3. All the rest? meh
If you wouldn't be for the Can of Bud, my bike would probably end up on the side :)
I kid, I kid. Dammit now I gotta put my plastic keyboard cover on
I have more pictures you wanna see?!

Edit: not responsible for accidents : drooling, lost plastic keyboard covers

1 - 20 of 54 Posts