Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
First off I love my sling and this is not a complaint thread just seeking advice as this was our first parade in the slingshot, it was a very slow and long parade with temps in 90's but nice breeze,noticed temp light blinking at final few blocks of parade ,when I pulled away from parade to get some air to engine it went into limp mode so found shade to park in no visible signs of overheating and after 30 minutes or so it started and ran fine all the way home never did hear the fan kick on are they that quite overflow tank was at normal level and no purging.

2016.5 sle
put a gauge on it easy to do...$45 complete and it was fun...fan comes on at about 205deg turns off about 195deg and make sure the sys. is void of air vacuum bleed

·
Registered
55 Posts
First off I love my sling and this is not a complaint thread just seeking advice as this was our first parade in the slingshot, it was a very slow and long parade with temps in 90's but nice breeze,noticed temp light blinking at final few blocks of parade ,when I pulled away from parade to get some air to engine it went into limp mode so found shade to park in no visible signs of overheating and after 30 minutes or so it started and ran fine all the way home never did hear the fan kick on are they that quite overflow tank was at normal level and no purging.

2016.5 sle
I installed a bypass switch that allows me to turn off and on the fan whenever I see the temps go up. It stills allows the relay to turn on at a certain temp, but I don't like the higher temps.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts