Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Slingshot will probably be considered a Motorcycle or at least compared to one, I thought it would be good to start a thread that lists all the reasons why a three-wheeled Slingshot is better than it's two-wheeled counterpart.

Slingshot > Motorcycle:

The Slingshot doesn't need a kickstand and stays upright on it's own.
The Slingshot is more GF/SO/Wife friendly
You don't have to worry about falling over on a Slingshot
Two guys can enjoy a Slingshot
A bit of gravel isn't scary while driving a Slingshot
A Slingshot will be more visible on the road

Now lets here why you think the Slingshot is greater than a Motorcycle :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even think about a reverse gear. That's a good one! I would also assume that the Slingshot will have more storage than a Motorcycle. Especially sans passenger.

Haha it isn't a Spyder and unlike a Spyder a Slingshot will be TDA (Two Dudes Approved) :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
* Can bring home a keg
* More exclusive ownership
* No sore hands/wrists/back issues
* More wheel & tire options
* Safer in wet conditions
* Easier to jack up for maintainence/modding

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By dimensions alone it should be more visible than a motorcycle. With that said, I will still drive it as if I was riding a motorcycle and be conscious about everything that is going on around me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dunno about this. It sits really low and if they sell them in black, forget about it - people won't see it.

I'm hoping for a bright yellow or orange color.
People don't see any other vehicle on the road, PERIOD. I knew a guy with a Freightliner, and people pulled out in front of him all the time...

Never. Even. Looked.

·
Registered
98 Posts
True but I'd like to think being upright on a bike is more visible than sitting with your butt 4" from the pavement. But as with any type of motorcycle (2 or 3 wheel) you need to be aware 100% of the time of what's going on around you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
not all motorcycles are created equal though ;) aside from the "hopefully" near mustang GT power to weight ratio you just described this bad boy :D

the Ural Gear up, the side car wheel can be engaged and help pull this bike though loose ground and rough terrain!

my favorite production "Brutus" motorcycle that isn't the Rokon XD

·
Registered
86 Posts
here's the Brutus! unfortunatly this is just a concept and will likely never be produced :| yes those are maxxis Big Horns! and no it does not have 2 wheel drive like the rokon :( youd think with electric motors these days they could have rigged something up...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts