Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to register the slingshot to bring on the track at Miller speedway in Salt Lake City and got this response:

The Slingshot on the track with traditional 2-wheeled motorcycles will be a problem. While it is legally a motorcycle, I am certain APEX would experience the wrath of many angry 2-wheeled customers no differently then if we allowed a small race car on track with the bikes simultaneously. As much as we would love to see the Slingshot in action at one of our trackdays, we regret that we would only be making one customer happy while feeling the wrath of most of your fellow riders out on the track. We do apologize for this response that you most likely expected, but did not want to hear.

Miller does have open track time for cars, and they may just allow you to run the slingshot at one of those days.

Please let me know if you intend to ride a traditional 2-wheeled motorcycle instead at the upcoming April 11th trackday. If not, we will gladly refund your payment immediately.

PS. I love the ScotteVest! I grew up in Hailey, and thought my Mother Karen’s powder jacket and Walkman was the ultimate tech wear :) Great innovation!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That was a very polite reply.

Ask yourself : if you were on a MC, would YOU want to be out there with Slingshots?

I'd want all my fellow track mates to feel 'equally vulnerable'. That would not be the case if one were in a SS.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
A slingshot is quick but slow , agile but not a speed demon kind of thing .It might be good for road rally stuff, but i doubt it is a track star .

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Someday there will be a class of autocycles like the Slingshot competing against each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts