Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my dealer has received two SS's, I feel that things will change in our favor soon. In my anticipation I call nation wide insurance for a quote. I was shocked when she began to speak, $4000 a year. I started to insult the woman but didn't. I just told her that she didn't know her job.

If that is the situation in Texas, I'm most certainly am out.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
There are a couple of agents in the Austin/San Antonio area who seem to be offering decent rates on the Slingshot. One is Diane or Diana Gonzalez, but I don't think she writes Texas policies. I think the other agent's name is Terry Regacho, but I can't locate her name using the Search function. I think she writes Texas policies. I'll update if I can locate her info.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I talked with Terry last friday and got a Nationwide quote of $1700 for full coverage. Sorry but there is nothing that much fun to drive for that kind of money a year. Just for a comparison in FL. same coverage just change the state $566 full coverage for a year. Makes one think real hard about another state!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I talked with Terry last friday and got a Nationwide quote of $1700 for full coverage. Sorry but there is nothing that much fun to drive for that kind of money a year. Just for a comparison in FL. same coverage just change the state $566 full coverage for a year. Makes one think real hard about another state!
I lost Terry's contact info, so if you could provide it I would be grateful.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, I bought State farm coverage a month ago & Now they plan to cancel. They don't want to insure the Slingshot. So, I signed with Progressive at $750/year and it includes roadside coverage where they will truck you to the nearest Polaris dealer for mechanical, fuel, battery,flat tires, etc. One of my major concerns was what to do if I popped a tire.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
There are a couple of agents in the Austin/San Antonio area who seem to be offering decent rates on the Slingshot. One is Diane or Diana Gonzalez, but I don't think she writes Texas policies. I think the other agent's name is Terry Regacho, but I can't locate her name using the Search function. I think she writes Texas policies. I'll update if I can locate her info.
CORRECTION to above - I mistakenly wrote Terry above and have since realized her name is Tammy Regacho. Her contact info can be found here - Post #75 - http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/official-insurance-quotes-vin-inside.830/page-4#post-17667.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just FYI, Insurance companies did the same thing in TX with inflated prices on the Spyder when it first came out. Once they know what it is, and know how to classify it, prices should stabilize and get better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Resurrecting this thread!
Who are you Texans using for insurance these days? I'll have mine soon :)

How's the premiums?

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Resurrecting this thread!
Who are you Texans using for insurance these days? I'll have mine soon :)

How's the premiums?
Yep time to start the old insurance thread back up...I am in Harris County....State Farm had quoted $800.00 a year, going to ck Nationwide and see what Diane can do...I currently have Progressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't understand how you guys are getting these low rates. I can't find anything under $1,000.00 a year. No accidents or claims ever. Also have the MSF course. I may have made a mistake buying this SS if insurance is going to cost this much. It's more than my truck. The truck is worth over twice what the SS is.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts